“Outstanding Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Taos
Taos, New Mexico
“Outstanding Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I came to the Sun God Lodge after having the misfortune of wrecking my car in Taos. The proprietors were incredibly friendly, and after learning of my situation, they went above and beyond to accommodate me and to help me through my troubling situation. It is a lovely little property and I found my room to be cozy and comfortable and a great value. Thanks for everything, Gasper!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a great rate for last minute at high season. I prefer to support Mom and Pop establishments but the room needed a thorough vacuuming. I did not get bed bugs.. good luck, next tenant. They will not earn my repeat business.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Peralta, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed here several times and enjoy staying in the back near the outdoor hot tub. Even in winter it was a short walk back to my room. Being far from the busy highway with another building in between made it a very quiet and peaceful stay. Right across the road from Walmart makes it easy to grab any shopping items while you are there. Wifi signal was very strong and they may have added a second router to serve the back of the property. Service at the front desk was prompt, friendly and helpful. For the low price this is a very comfortable place to stay in Taos. Maintenance is falling behind in some areas and the potholes in the parking lot need to be filled.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back near the hot tub. All rooms allow parking outside your door. No elevators...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
austin, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed at the Sun God Lodge in Taos for a night. It was perfect for us. It was clean and reasonably priced. We were going to arrive late in the night and they left a key for us--so easy. And we spent some time in the hot tub, which was lovely. The view of the mountains from our room was awesome, and the decor of the room was really nice. We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back by the hot tub--it looked like that building was newer.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My second time staying at this property. I loved everything about it the first time. I would love everything about it this time ... except for ... the wifi is very intermittent (boo) and since it snowed last night, I got up and got ready to go to their outdoor Jacuzzi ... and found it is only open from 4 - 10 pm ... (another BOOOO!)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 137 directly across from the hottub/bbq area in the back of the property. NOtice t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Sun God Lodge was a mixed bag of experiences but overall worked for what my group needed. I was skiing in the Taos area for the weekend and need a cost conscious and convient place to stay. I booked over the Internet the 2 bed and pull out kitchenette. Later that day, I received a call from the hotel letting me know they accidentally booked my room in person to someone else however they would give me 2 rooms with a kitchenette for the one room price. Good customer service always good. The rooms were clean and decorated with cute Taos quirk. We were dissapointed to find the kitchenette was limited to a sink, mini fridge, empty cabinets, and an incomplete set of flat and silverware since we were planning a spaghetti dinner and toasted bagels for breakfast. In my opinion a hotel that advertises kitchenettes should at least include a two burner stove,
toaster, and basic cookware.
The beds were a little firm but I still slept well. The room was extremely hot and the thermostat was not working. By the middle of the night it was so hot we slept with the door open.
Overall, the hotel worked great as a clean, safe, and cheap place to crash but I would not stay there for multiple days.
Bonus points to the lodge for great bath products and front desk service.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Sun God Lodge? Share your experiences!