“Would be perfect if ... ...” 4 of 5 stars

Sun God Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   919 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM 87571   |
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Taos
San Angelo, Texas
“Would be perfect if ... ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My second time staying at this property. I loved everything about it the first time. I would love everything about it this time ... except for ... the wifi is very intermittent (boo) and since it snowed last night, I got up and got ready to go to their outdoor Jacuzzi ... and found it is only open from 4 - 10 pm ... (another BOOOO!)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 137 directly across from the hottub/bbq area in the back of the property. NOtice t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Sun God Lodge was a mixed bag of experiences but overall worked for what my group needed. I was skiing in the Taos area for the weekend and need a cost conscious and convient place to stay. I booked over the Internet the 2 bed and pull out kitchenette. Later that day, I received a call from the hotel letting me know they accidentally booked my room in person to someone else however they would give me 2 rooms with a kitchenette for the one room price. Good customer service always good. The rooms were clean and decorated with cute Taos quirk. We were dissapointed to find the kitchenette was limited to a sink, mini fridge, empty cabinets, and an incomplete set of flat and silverware since we were planning a spaghetti dinner and toasted bagels for breakfast. In my opinion a hotel that advertises kitchenettes should at least include a two burner stove,
toaster, and basic cookware.
The beds were a little firm but I still slept well. The room was extremely hot and the thermostat was not working. By the middle of the night it was so hot we slept with the door open.
Overall, the hotel worked great as a clean, safe, and cheap place to crash but I would not stay there for multiple days.
Bonus points to the lodge for great bath products and front desk service.

• Stayed January 2014
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Sun God Lodge is a great example of why we like owner-operated inns when we travel- this inn had so much more personality than a chain hotel, we felt very warmly welcomed by the owners and the space itself. We stayed in a room at the back of the property with a kitchenette and a sitting room. We were able to cook a simple dinner and breakfast there, and relax in the sitting room. We like ambient lighting, and found the dimmer switches that adjusted the lighting in the statuary niches added to a restful atmosphere. I also appreciated the TV in the bedroom being inside an armoir, and a separate lighted make up space from the bathroom. The price was very reasonable, and our hosts were fantastic. There was a frost covered field outside of our bedroom window, with a good view of the rose tinted mountains at sunrise.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the property, away from the highway, and was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this quaint hotel in Taos. Lovely courtyard, the rooms are a good size, clean and with enough amenities. If you need a place to stay and don't want to spend a lot this is definitely the place. It is close to everything. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Warrensburg MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Let's see - attractively landscaped & parklike entryway, R.C. Gorman art at check-in and art prints from real Taos artists in the room, ceramic light fixtures, a kachina in a niche in the wall. We had a spacious suite with a stove & fridge on our 3-night stay. TVs in both rooms, comfy beds, helpful staff. Everything worked well, except on our last morning, when it appears a power outage had knocked out the hot water & wifi - restored before we left. We'd recommend the Sun God as a reasonably priced hotel in an attractive setting. Not walking distance from the Plaza, but price is right.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and get the suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We chose this place because of the positive reviews. HA!! Deluxe room was filthy. Old and quaint at first glance but carpet dirty.Floors dirty.sheets and blankets stained. WiFi didn't work. Very disappointed!!! I would hate to see what the standard room looks like

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun God Lodge? Share your experiences!