“Yeah Sagebrush Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Taos
Naples, Florida
“Yeah Sagebrush Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2006

5/22-29/2006 stayed at The Sagebruh Inn, Taos, NM. and loved it !!!

This was my 3rd trip to Taos in 4 years. During my first trip, I stayed at a Hotel type property at the time considered the best in town ??? My second trip I stayed at a very quaint B & B a block from the town square. But… both properties did not afford me the beautiful private balcony view of the mountains that I enjoyed at the Sagebrush Inn.

AMBIANCE and AMENTITIES: You feel as if you are walking back in time. Breathing in the aura of Taos. D.H. Lawrence & Georgia O'Keefe who enjoyed this fine place in the 20’s. Gorman’s, a local artist who attained international acclaim and unfortunately passed away a short time ago, wake was at the Sagebrush. He has a room in the breakfast area dedicated to his works. Shady walk areas, a large heated pool and an enclosed Jacuzzi are also available. The Sagebrush Inn captures a time from long ago but underneath this Grande Dame of a property is a totally Modern Lady. The Business / Conference Center staff helped me with the copies, etc. Yes, I did have to work a few of the days but it did not seem quite so bad because I was able to gaze at the mountains and the Prairie Dogs, yes 20 plus Prairie Dogs that played in the large yard under my balcony

ACCOMODATIONS: My room was spotless and HUGE. It had a King bed, a separate kitchenette (microwave, sink, a small but ample refrigerator that actually kept things cold), a living room with a large work table, 2 comfortable loveseats and 2 barrel chairs as well as a huge coffee table and a pull down Murphy bed hidden in a beautifully carved cabinet and a working wood burning kiva (fireplace). I actually used due to the drop in temps at night. Tons of drawer space, too.

STAFF: The staff was always smiling and anxious to please. They were wonderful from check-in to the restaurants on property. Probably the best salmon I have ever had in their dining room, a perfectly cooked to order FREE breakfast every morning and the best entertainment in town. An extremely talented Guitarist one night that played 5 types of string instruments from Mandolin to 12 string . Another night my relatives and I looked for entertainment around town, finding nothing (The Anaconda Bar actually had a Polka Band while advertising “Blues Night”) we then returned our hotel and found the entire town was at the Sagebrush enjoying a great 6 piece band. Jerry the Bartender, thought I had only stopped in for 30 minutes earlier in the week to hear the Mandolin and the lounge was mobbed, greeted me by NAME !!

And let’s not forget the great price. My stay at this property has been one of the best trips ever. As a former concierge at a 5 star / 5 diamond resort in Naples, Fl. and national trainer on customer service skills, I had originally not considered The Sagebrush, boy was I wrong!

E.J. LoPresti
Naples, Florida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)

Been to Sagebrush Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sagebrush Inn & Suites

Address: 1508 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM 87571
Location: United States > New Mexico > Taos County > Taos
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Taos
Hotel Class:3 star — Sagebrush Inn & Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sagebrush Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sagebrush Inn Hotel Taos
Sagebrush Hotel Taos
Taos Sagebrush Hotel

If you own or manage Sagebrush Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.