“AWESOME !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Taos
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“AWESOME !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here for the Veterans Ski Event in Taos. The staff were super friendly and helpful. My rood was an ADA (handicapped accessible) room and was really nice. I lived the fact that it had a little patio area out back so I could take my service dog out. The free breakfast was really nice. The lady who was working there was very, very, helpful. The 2nd day I was there she got my hot tea before I even parked my wheelchair at the table. Now that is what I call service! The staff loaded & unloaded my van and took my luggage in my room. This is where I will always stay when I go to Taos to ski again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Corrales, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We spent the weekend here just for a Taos getaway. We stayed here last January. This time our room was bigger and better. The room was clean. The fireplace worked well. The bed was comfortable. The heater was a bit noisy but did not detracting. The bathroom was a bit small and chilly as it was by the front door. Bring slippers! We enjoyed the hot tub both nights. The breakfast was good for being inclusive and the staff was friendly. We recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in a king suite upstairs on the north side. It was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The folks working here help to make the stay pleasant, visitng as though they had all the time in the world. I had a large double room all to myself. Lighting isn't the greatest, but there are many lamps. Bed and bath linens were snowy white and great. I just wish the floor had been a bit cleaner as there were dust bunnies in the entry, sand in the corner of the bathroom and a few gravels in the carpet. The plastic bits and the glass rings on the night stand were pretty clear evidence that someone forgot to wipe it down, as was the cheese in the refrigerator. I was glad I wasn't putting anything in it. When I first got into the room there was a weird smell and after about an hour when I realized I was getting cold and the furnace hadn't come on, I realized what it was. A handyman came and started the furnace and presto, the smell was gone. It was an okay stay. Comfortable mattress for sleeping but the furnace was noisy kicking on and off.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Five of us stayed here in three rooms for a ski trip in January based of the Trip Advisor reviews and we were not dissappointed. The staff was friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and neat. The hot tub was large and toasty. Everyone in our party had nothing but good things to say about El Pueblo and we all agreed we would stay there again. Hot Tip: Don't miss a visit to "The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge"! It's only 10-15 miles from the hotel and was one of the highlights of the trip.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace...and have a cozy fire! Don't miss a visit to "The Rio Grand...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We picked this hotel based on rating and loved it. We were in 105. The bed was great, bathroom up to date with plenty of hot water. An overall cozy warm feeling even though we woke up to 7 degrees that morning. Would definitely stay again. Thanks Brigette at the Front Desk!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights during the week following New Years. We really enjoyed our stay at the El Pueblo. It is convenient for a walk into town or the plaza and an easy drive to Taos Ski Valley. Our room was very clean with a comfy bed. All of the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful at all times. We were pleasantly surprised by the continental breakfast, which is served in the cozy breakfast area with fireplace. Would definitely book the El Pueblo again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I, on a friends recommendation, stayed at El Pueblo Lodge last year the week before christmas. We fell in love with the quiet clean rooms, the Southwest Motor lodge feel, and the friendly helpful staff. We loved it so much we dreamt of El Pueblo all year long, and went back again this year. We brought friends and our 90lb. Labrador Retriever. (they are wonderfully pet friendly) We love sitting in front of the fireplace (in your own room, and they replace the firestarter and logs each day) at night sipping some tasty local beers or wine and talking about the day. The breakfast is one of the best parts and Lupita who runs it could not be more lovely and welcoming! She and the breakfast were another of the key reasons we came back this year, and intend to return next year. The lodge is an easy walk to the main square of town and all the shops, restaurants. If you are ever lucky enough to be in Taos, this is the only place to stay. the value plus the quality of accommodations, and friendly service make staying here an obvious choice!

Room Tip: We like the pet friendly fireplace rooms. I don't believe all rooms have the fireplace, but ever...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to El Pueblo Lodge? Share your experiences!