“Perfect Little Café” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Gutiz serves creative Latin-French cuisine at affordable prices.
Naperville, Illinois
“Perfect Little Café”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I had lunch here on Sunday, July 25, 2010. This restaurant was recommended to me by TaosBandBLover, a Destination Expert for Taos. He was spot on. I really liked this place. It’s breakfast and lunch only, Tuesday through Sunday. Breakfast is served all day and that’s what I had with the Scottish Sausage Breakfast for $9 (2 eggs, salad, potatoes, sausage – which was excellent). I met the owners/cooks (wife and husband) and really liked them as well as the feel of their small café. It has a nice ambience as an indoor café and also has outdoor seating (it was raining lightly, so not for me this day). I’ll be back!

Note that I gave them all 5's for food, service, value, atmosphere and overall not because they're a 5 star restaurant but for being excellent at what they are...a perfect little café and bakery. They do it right!

Keith

• Visited July 2010

Washington DC
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Delicious food and decent service! We stopped here for lunch and enjoyed the Southwestern menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Superb service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

So, my son and I were heading out of Taos to get back to Santa Fe and we stopped per chance at Gutiz. My son eats anything and I'm vegan, so it's a true sign of service when you ask for a soy latte and the mgmt. realizes they are out, but offer to go next door and get some so you can have a soy latte, even after you say "it's okay, no latte needed". So, service was amazing here, staff was helpful and my son had the chocolate croissant and said it was really good with the chocolate all the way through and warmed when brought to the table. He had the eggs benedict and said it was really good. I had the taoseno chile, and they were accommodating by omitting the cheese and making sure the rest of the dish was vegetarian. thanks for the accommodations and we hope to eat there again when we are in town.

TX
“Saturday lunch at Gutiz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Just returned from Taos and ate lunch Saturday at Gutiz. Highly recommend the food. Fresh food and local cuisine. I had the goat cheese quesadillas while my wife had the beet salad. Both dishes had very fresh vegetables, and a chef that definitely knew what he was doing. We were unable to enjoy a beer with lunch on a hot day due to a recent change in ownership and the liquor license not being completed, but almost as good was the lemonade with mint! Definitely recommend this place in spite of the wait staff who were young and way to busy petting dogs or texting to take proper care of their customers.

chicago, il
“Treated us like Royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have been to Gutiz several times now & I'm amazed how every time we walk in the door we are greeted like we're the most important people to walk through the door all day. They great everyone this way! It's amazing. The food is still as fabulous as ever. The patio is all cleaned up for summer and we just found out they are getting an espresso machine! So excited! If you haven't been to Gutiz, make sure you go!