“Bedspread soaked with urine” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Bedspread soaked with urine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

WeI stayed during Socorro Fest on 10/12/13. Have to say the suites in the back were very nice and the only reason I'm giving two stars. Shortly after arriving I pulled the bedspread off for my guest on the couch. There were two wet spots on the bed, and dried yellow stains on the sheet. The comforter was soaked with pee, and a little was escaping to the sheets. I had two dogs, but they are not allowed on the bed and wouldn't pee there anyway. We got the last room, and the toilet didn't work well but at least we had clean sheets. The next morning, even though I told the front desk about the pee the night before, I watched the housekeeper return the same urine-soaked bedspread back on the bed, and realized this was what happened to us. Terribly managed; no attempt to make it right at all. 0+

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. Sorry you had encountered some problems. Our head house keeper did take care of problem after you had seen it. hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

For an Econo Lodge, I was impressed. The room was impeccably clean, the bed was newer and comfortable, the TV and Internet was quick and easy to use. This is not a resort property by any means, but if you're looking for a clean, quality place to stay that offers a really exceptional price/performance value, you can do a LOT worse than this place. The breakfast options are a little thin (but not really for an Econo Lodge) and the one issue I did have was that the shower in my room seemed to have two temperatures, "Lake Michigan in April" on one end and a form of matter somewhere between steam and plasma on the other ... I did eventually get it right but be prepared to make micrometer level adjustments ... but on the whole this was a great place to stop for the night and, while I'm not likely to ever be there again, I totally recommend the place as a perfectly located, clean, comfortable, GREAT price/perf property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our property. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you soon. Thank You.
tucumcari
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stood at the Econo lodge on September 6th I was awaken twice as something bit me once at 12:00 am and then at 2:00 am I then got up at 6:00 am to take a shower and there were black bugs on the towel that was on the bath tub. I got the towel and put in a plastic bag and took it to the manager. He took the plastic bag and tossed it on the floor with out looking to see what was in side it. He was very rude.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Econo Lodge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your rewiew of our property. Like to say sorry about problems you had on your recent stay with us. We are going though our procedures and see why it was handled like that. Hope you give us a another chance. thank you.
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After 8200 miles on the road & numerous hotels, we booked here online with trepidation as the price was only $56.00. When we got to the room it was clean, nice furniture, spacious, and very comfortable. It had a patio door to a very nice pool area & large exercise room with laundry area. The continental breakfast was good, not exceptional. Staff was friendly and courteous. I would say that this would rank right up with many of the more expensive hotels we stayed at and was the best deal I think I have found in a very long time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. Glad you enjoyed all the amities we offer. Thank you for choosing the Econolodge.The staff will love the feedback on there rooms . Hope to see you all again.
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Econolodge has a friendly, helpful front desk and will make a good deal for larger parties if you ask.

The only problem we had was one of the two adjacent rooms carried a moderate bouquet of cigarette. Despite leaving the door open for an hour and later burning a scented candle, the cigarette underscore was evident through the night. The room failed my initial "bring-in" smell test where I will decide to leave hanging dress clothes in the car if there's any chance they will pick up stale cigarette smell. A sign clearly states that a $250 cleaning fee awaits those who smoke, but that obviously did not deter a previous occupant.

I really feel sympathy for hotel management who have to maintain this asset as "non-smoking" only to have a different kind of asset, the visiting kind without the "et", ruin it. Judging from the folks puffing away in the parking lot, emphysema and lung cancer have some way to go before a traveler can fully trust a room marked as non-smoking to be truly so.

This hotel did everything right: put our two rooms next to each other, kept the pool open an hour later than posted so that late arrivals like us could enjoy it, and they keep the property in great shape. There's not a speck of dirt, no bugs, and a complete fridge/microwave/coffee set up in each room. To be fair, we didn't ask for a room change. We were tired, and this would involve moving the car and two rooms' full of luggage and people.

The heated pool was deliciously cool on a summer evening, and a good place to watch the 4th of July fireworks from nearby New Mexico Tech. Some of our neighbors in other rooms had their own fireworks in the parking lot.

The El Camino local diner and lounge is out front, and offers Econolodge visitors a 10% discount, which in the words of the cashier "covers tax and 3% more".

The second room for our party was smoke-free and perfect.

With the smoke smell, this writer's experience was really closer to two stars, but if you can get a non-smoky room (as half of our party did), expect a good stay.

Room Tip: One room was smoky, one was not.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed our amities we offer. Great infomation will check into what you had mention . thanks again. hope to see you all again.
Northern AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this Econo Lodge for 2 nights the first part of June. I found the place to be clean and comfortable. The room was quite spacious. I really appreciated the small fridge to keep snacks and drinks cold. I did not partake in the complimentary breakfast (my husband and I are really picky about food). I did scout out the buffet area. It was very clean with the common choices found at breakfast served in this manner. It was little more than standard "continental" but not bacon and eggs made to order. The staff was friendly and helpful without being over the top. And bonus for us was the location. We walked to breakfast and dinner. I would stay again...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing us. Hope too see you soon.Thanks
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were traveling cross country and just needed a place to stay the night where we could get some well needed rest. We took a shot on this place because all we needed was to sleep.
We were greeted by Jeremy with a big smile and welcome. He asked if we would like something by the pool or just a quiet room. He gave us a quiet room that ended up being a king suite. It had all the ammenities of home.There were two seperate room with tvs in both rooms. It also had a microwave and fridge.
It was defintely quiet and we slept great. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Above all, the price was great!
Mariah took care of us checking out and was also very courteous.
If you have ever had a bad experience at an EconoLodge, this place will change your mind.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for a great review. Our staff will enjoy your feedback. look forward to seeing youy in the future. thanks

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!