“Nice place to stay in Socorro, New Mexico” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
San Angelo, Texas
“Nice place to stay in Socorro, New Mexico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was sonderful with everything. They were very sweet in making sure there was coffee and hot water for the tea and hot chocolate drinkers that were crazy enough to get out at 4:30 am to photograph the birds flying at sunrise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I took a last minute trip to visit the glorious Bosque and stayed here. The staff was all very helpful and nice. Our room was clean and quiet. It was very well located to Socorro Springs right next to the hotel. We decided to stay another night and explore the surrounding area of Socorro. I am anxious to return to the lovely restaurants and people. It was quick access to the freeway and to our nearby destination. We will surely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this Holiday Inn Express. I was staying there with a photographic workshop that needed to get up before dawn for some of our shoots. The staff made sure that at 4 am, there was at least coffee, tea, milk, water and cold breakfast available for us. (on mornings where we did not have to get up early, there was a wonderful full breakfast available, no extra charge.) My room was excellent...clean, comfortable, spacious. The refrigerator and microwave allowed me ro stock some snacks and save some money by not havng to eat every meal out. The staff was friendly and helpful with any special requests. I will stay here again when I am back. My only suggestion to them would be to switch to paper goods instead of plastic, much greener.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everything about our stay was pleasant, from check-in to the room to the breakfast. This small hotel caters to the many birders who enjoy visiting the nearby Bosque del Apache, even making sure that coffee and fruit were out for those crazy enough to get up at 4:30 a.m. for the Sandhill Crane fly-out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Florissant, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

stayed here as a halfway point on our last roadtrip. nice place to stay in NM. south of the bustle and traffic of ABQ but easy access off I-25 too. room was nice and modern. free b'fast too. can walk to most of the good restaurants in town. would stay here again for sure. close to hwy 60 which is the way we took into AZ and down to Tucson.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place is a train wreck if you booked on Priceline. Absolutely avoid, especially if you book from there. I used the "Express Deals" where you select a 2 1/2 Star hotel for $80 or so/night.

I was having problems on the trip out there, but made sure I called them late the night I was to check in. I was told that was fine, I would have my room available for me. When I got there, they had cancelled my room, and decided to just keep the two-night's prepaid money they had received from me through Priceline.

It took what seemed forever to finally get them to reinstate my room. And, when they did, they just gave me whatever room they had left, which was on the second floor. I always try to stay on the top floor so I don't have people walking around above me. And, of course, that's what I got as the usual people stomping around were above me.

The hotel is okay. It is modern, but that's about it. The beds are not all that comfortable. The amenities are average, and the breakfast pretty unacceptable. Nothing to note, and the person running it wouldn't put out new food without making an issue out of it.

I have since avoided Priceline. I am getting tired of having to write more bad reviews of hotels they have put me in. Definitely not worth it for the possibility of saving money!

Room Tip: Avoid this property. I will try the Best Western when in town next time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't often stay in chain hotels while on vacation, but that was the option here. More often we use them for overnights at airports or on road trip stop -overs but our 3 nights were great. We were given a very comfortable room, always greeted with big smiles by the bright young staffers we dealt with, and thought the location just two driveways from the town's brewery restauant an advantage as we could just walk over. Breakfast was typical but had good basic choices and the evening treats were a plus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!