“Great place with wonderful people” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Great place with wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I arrived and the owner was like an old friend. I opened the room door and have never smelled one so fresh, I thought everything was brand new. All my stays are at Best Western but this one beat them all. Breakfast was great and I had everything I wanted.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Boerne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at Santa Rosa Inn about ten times since my last review. The well-furnished, spacious room is always very clean. I spilled some crumbs on the carpet and wiped them with a cloth and the cloth came away clean. I was amazed the newer carpet was that clean, especially in a pet room. The entire property is neat and tidy. Management is very nice and has our preferred room waiting for us and our dogs. I think we have seen a few management changes since we started staying here; the current owners are terrific. Parking right at the door makes unloading a breeze. Four pillows per bed is a joy, the down alternative blanket is cozy, and firm, yet comfortable mattresses result in a good night's sleep. Two sinks, one in-room and one in the bathroom, are a great convenience and offer privacy for both persons while getting ready. Super water pressure in the shower feels great. 100% cotton towels do not have fabric softener and are absorbent. In-room coffee is quick and easy, and the dorm fridge is handy. Reasonable pet fee, and plenty of space to dog walk. Watch out for stickers near the parking lot. Walk down the drainage or carry your pet down to the dirt "road." Pleasant scenery with many beautiful native plants to see and usually a few birds. For breakfast, make-your-own waffles are a real treat, plus yogurt, breads, pastries, cereals, juice, milk, and coffee on the bar. Seating area is small. My only "complaints": I wish they would address the stickers (grass burrs) in the dog area, and the new Best Western wash cloths are printed "cold water wash only." "Cold water wash", while more ecofriendly and energy saving for the motel, bothers me - hope they use a lot of bleach. Other than these two items, we have not been disappointed. I highly recommend this motel for all travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Better than expected. Large room, well furnished, comfortable bed, fast Internet and clean. We were traveling between Utah and Texas, with pets. Stopped here for a quick overnight and found it to be pretty comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
elpaso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Extra large, very clean rooms well equipped with a refrig and micro. Nice beds and linen. Very nice desk clerk who recommended I eat at the Sante Fe Grill next door and the food was excellent. They serve beer also. The room was about 60 with tax and I would have paid 80 for this nice room without complaint.

Room Tip: i stayed on the first floor near the pool and they also accept pets.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bedfordale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and could not have been happier. The staff were so friendly and helpful and gave me lots to do and nothing was too much trouble. They even gave me a map of America when i left and as i'm from Western Australia, this has been a great gift.
The room was extremely clean and bed very comfortable. Bathroom was spotless. I can honestly say i would recommend this hotel if you are needing a stopover or spending a few days. Great value for money.

Room Tip: I chose a non smoking room and there was no trace of anyone having smoked in there. Most rooms i wo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I initally cringed whwn I arrived at the motel. Seeing the parking lot was full of bikers outside their rooms smoking and talking, I was concerned about excessive noise. However, my fears were unfounded. This updated motel is fantastic. The rooms are nicely updated and very clean. The bed was super comfortable and I had the best night sleep yet while driving across the country. This is an updated older motel with room doors opening up directly to the parking lot. Usually, I don't feel as safe in this style of motel but again my fear was unfounded. I plan to return to this motel on our return trip across the country. The beds and the water pressure in the shower are alone worth staying here. Ironically, staying at a motel in the desert resulted in the best shower yet. The town of Santa Rosa is definitely past its prime so isn't a destination kind of place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We travel between homes in Texas and Arizona and have our dogs with us every trip. We found the Santa Rosa, NM property years ago when looking for a midway stop to spend the night and we've made it our permanent stopping place since. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and they always go above and beyond the call of duty. We always request a certain room and it is always waiting on us. The dogs (two standard poodles and a beagle) know the property well and it is so easy to be able to take them outside directly. We love the updated rooms and would highly recommend the property. The owners are awesome and are the true definition of customer service. Anyone looking for great service with a smile should stop by and see for yourselves.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, ask for a room close to the end of either building.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Santa Rosa Inn? Share your experiences!