“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Santa Rosa

You added Quality Inn Santa Rosa to your Saves list
Quality Inn Santa Rosa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2533 Historic Route 66, Santa Rosa, NM 88435 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Houston, TX
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

When I first arrived at the Quality Inn, I was disappointed. It was clearly an older hotel and didn't look very promising.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived in the room. It had been recently remodelled and was quite spacious and comfortable. There were 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. Everyone was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for give us a chance. I'm glad you had good stay. Thank you for your review

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

The good news...our money was refunded, no hassle. The bad news, this place wasn't at all what we expected, especially since we had seen the great reviews. I think it was the room that we ended up with and the fact that it was raining, but there are no excuses for bugs to be in the bed. Albeit small creatures, we still found one little spider and one little roach on our bed as we went to lay down. But, before we even discovered those, there were at least 6 moths I had to capture and send out the door. There was no T.V. remote and we had to go to the office to get one and put batteries in it, and then it still didn't change the volume on the T.V. or the channels...you had to manually push them in. No bid deal, we could have dealt with the T.V., but it was the bugs that got to us. Plus, for some reason, the carpet floor outside of the bathroom was completely soaked from the bathroom door past the sink area. We couldn't even walk over it with bare feet or our socks on without getting them soaked (not sure what happened there). It could very well have been that we had such issues because we had the far right room closest to some wooded area, but we couldn't stay with all the bugs. We might as well had been camping if that were the case. So, we called at midnight and there were no other rooms available, so we ended up going to another hotel. They weren't too apologetic at first, but then they were when I returned the keys and they indicated that they were having a lot of housekeeping issues that night. The good thing is, we got the refund! We do not recommend staying here because of our experience, but who knows.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry you didn't had pleasant stay. We do spray for bugs. I f you change your mind you contact directly to our hotel and we will make sure you will have different opinion about our hotel. My Sincerely apologized.
Ankeny, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, and inexpensive place to stay the night, this is the place. I called ahead to get a rate on a room and talked to Shawna. Wow, so helpful and friendly! I was going to call another hotel or two, but decided to stay after talking to her. She was able to beat the internet rate by a few bucks too.
The bed was nice and comfortable, it was nice to have a sofa sleeper for my kids too.
The breakfast was nice, Waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, ect.
It is a Motel; rooms open to the outside, so there was a little noise from other people in the parking lot, but nothing excessive. We are traveling back through the area and will probably stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again
Have Nice Day!!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Entering my third week on the road on the cross-country move from hell, having dealt with break-down #6 in a shop all day, the clean, well-appointed room, pool, hot tub and laundry came as a soothing break for this solo traveler. Marketing Director Shawna Lujan was manning the front desk on a busy night, but her kind help and friendly conversation between guest check-ins was much appreciated. There was plenty of parking for my van and trailer in view of the my room, but the room was still so quiet I slept like a baby. I will definitely plan to stay here again next time I travel Rt. 40.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your comment.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

We had 3 rooms for one night and they were all clean and comfortable.. Indoor pool and hot tub which everybody enjoyed.. The comp breakfast of waffles, sausage, eggs and breads were all good.. and the Silver Moon restaurant is right next door if you desire more or different food.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I loved the way the staff made me feel at home. I felt comfortable in this motel. The staff is amazing and the new renovation is looking great (as I was there 1 year before). I recomend this motel to my family that stays in Santa Rosa in the winter time. I'll be looking foward to this stay next year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comment. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Santa Rosa is a stop we often make on our way from Vermont to Arizona so we know the town pretty well. We've given up on the "unique Rt. 66" motels because they are mostly flea bags and decided to splurge this trip. I've recently discovered the Comfort Inn chain and even tho they are a franchise and vary wildly from one hotel to another this one is dead on. The hotel is spotlessly clean, appears to be newly painted, the room was spacious and had everything that we could need for one night. Plus, the linens this chain uses are WONDERFUL and the beds are fantastic. Nice pool (very clear water) and spa, great front staff, nice breakfast, etc. etc. Very happy after a 2,000 mile solo adventure. In my opinion this is the best place to stay in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Santarosanm, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We appreciated your business

Been to Quality Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!