“Comfortable place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Comfortable place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This property is an average Holiday Inn Express with comfortable and quiet rooms. The breakfast included was ok. Good location off of the interstate. If you just want a clean room overnight while traveling this is a good choice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear GWandCD,
We would like to thank you for taking to the time to give us a review about your previous stay with us. We do apologize that we were just an average Holiday Inn Express and we do hope to make an impression the next time you are traveling through the area.

Front Desk Manager
Dallas T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Goodyear, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Have stayed at four newer,nicer HIE this trip, so was a little disappointed. Given this is an older property, it wasn't bad but could use a remodel. Bed and linens were as good as newer places, but room was dark and bathroom needed some attention/repair. Bathtub was slippery, almost fell. Fruit at breakfast bar was sad at best. If you just need a good clean bed, it's ok.

• Stayed June 2014
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear travelkat 818,
first of all thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all comments good or bad.
We hope that you still will stay with us the next time you are in Santa Rosa NM.
Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss the problems any further.

Sincerely
Michaela Dodson
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our second time staying in 3 years. The hotel could use a little sprucing up, but overall not bad. 2 Queen beds, good linens. Nice TV. Actually had a Directv box in room. Only real complaint is that the room could use a good cleaning, especially in the corners of the bathroom. Not saying the room is dirty, because I feel they do a good cleaning between guests, but I think it could use a thorough cleaning to scrub the corners and tile, etc, to get it back up to a 5/5. There aren't alot of restaurants in the area.....a couple of local joints that we have not checked out, and a DQ, McDonalds, and up on the hill a Carl's Jr or Subway at the gas stations...so plan ahead. A good place for an overnight stop on a long drive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello there letsgoeverywhere05,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to know that you were comfortable in the room that you stayed in. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel because it helps us identify the issues that we need to be improved on as a hotel. We do hope that when you are traveling through New Mexico that you do decide to stay with us again.

Front Office Manager
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed again on extended business travel in Santa Rosa, NM and primarily returned to the HI Express to earn more IHG rewards points. I was extremely impressed and pleased with the attentiveness and courtesy of the entire staff at this hotel, and will now be the primary reason why I will return.

Once my reservations had been made and prior to my arrival, I emailed the hotel to request a room on the 3rd floor that would be quiet since I would be working mostly nights and sleeping during the day. I received a reply instantly granting the request, and I was even upgraded to a King Executive room by the hotel manager. Upon arrival I indicated to the front desk attendant that I would be working nights, and requested to have a bag breakfast in liue of the free hot breakfast offered between 6-9AM. They did much better than that, and opened up the breakfast buffet with cold cereals, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. just for me at 3 AM. Even my fellow business associates staying at other hotels were impressed and slightly jealous by the courtesy shown to me by the staff. Each time I walked by the front desk, I was greeted by name, asked how my day was, and if there was anything they could do for me. I've never been treated so well as a guest before, certainly felt like I was home. Upon check-out, I received a hand written thank you post card from the hotel manager thanking me for my business and wishing me safe travels home. I did not expect this, and

Some other things that pleased me during this particular stay:
- Homemade cookies, fruit, and trail mix are available in the late afternoons which make great snacks and are all complimentary.
- Coffee and tea is available 24 hours a day, as well as instant oatmeal and some of the fruit in the breakfast area.
- The King Executive room is huge, large couch, tables, and a great workspace. This place is perfect for business travel.
- Coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge in the room is great for extended stays.
- The TVs have been upgraded to flat screen HD TVs, which is nice compared to the old style digital sets they had a few years ago.
- The decor in the rooms is a bit dated, but the beds were comfortable and sheets were very clean.
- Laundry is only $1 to wash, and $1 to dry. The local gas stations have single use detergent and dryer sheets, this is great for those on extended travel.

Some things I didn't enjoy so much:
- The thermostat is difficult to adjust in the room, and I had to have the staff take a look at my AC unit twice during my stay.
- Beware of the candy in the vending machines. I bought a candy bar that was outdated and inedible - I did carry it to the front desk and they graciously apologized and offered to return my money. Its not their fault, but just wanted to bring it to their attention.
- The pool is indoor, and there is really no place to sun bathe. I know its NM, but I would have enjoyed an outdoor pool or any sort of out door area to relax and read.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor away from the hallway are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi there Alasassy,
First we would like to thank you for being a valued member of our IHG Rewards program. We also appreciate you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and our team here in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. We love to hear great comments about our team to remind us that this is the reason we shoot for the stars when it comes to guest services. We are pleased to hear that you felt right at home during your extended stay because being away from home isn't very comfortable. We are very glad to know that you will continue to stay with us for future visits. We do hope to see you soon even if it is just a one night visit.

Front Office Manager
TENNESSEE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We made a habit of staying at Holiday Inn Express and have never been disappointed... until now. the common area was quite lovely but the rooms were very old for a only eight year old property. the hallway to the elevators was very narrow and a little frightening. and the rooms were just ok. sorely disappointed with the cleanliness. we did inform the desk clerk but not sure how he could have corrected it although he was very polite.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Oldtimer51,

thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.
We do want to apologize for not meeting your expectations, please feel free to reach out to us at sronmhie@yahoo.com.
We do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are here in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This place had excellent staff willing to go above and beyond. comfortable room and bed, The wind was bad the day we stayed and was whistling right out the window very loud. Excellent breakfast. Nice clean smelled fresh throughout establishment.

Room Tip: Very windy was told it was typical wind was loud around windows on southwest facing side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hi there ayegalo,
First we like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review about our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. The wind does get a little hectic our here in rural New Mexico and we are glad that you were not too disturbed by the high gusty winds. Most of all we are glad to know that you were able to get rested for you next days drive and that you started your morning the smart way with our full free hot breakfast. We do hope that you do stay with us the next you are traveling through the area.

Front Office Manager,
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

After a long drive in Zachary was a big delight very helpful and plight. The room was very clean and comfortable. My kids loved the pool and breakfast in the morning was great and the attendant was helpful in making my daughter a plate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi there Mark C,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your previous stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. We did share your comments with Zachary along with Dilia our breakfast attendant. They were both very happy to know that they were recognized for their services. We hope to see you future visits when you are traveling through the area.

Front Office Manager,