“Wonderful overnight stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Santa Rosa
Oxford
“Wonderful overnight stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I precooked this hotel for one of my overnight stops on a very long road trip I was on, and I am sure glad I did.

Rolled into the hotel at around 8 pm after a long 13 hour drive and was greeted by a very cheerful Alisha at the front desk. After such a long time on the road it truly is the little things that really make your day, and her attitude and smile really did the trick to cheer up this one weary traveler. After a quick check in and after some recommendations on where to get dinner (and a handy little coupon flyer she gave me), I was ready for bed.

The room didn't disappoint in that department either. The room was very clean and relatively well kept, definitely better than one may expect from hotels of this star level. Bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was relatively quiet even though I was on the ground floor and my window looked out into the parking lot and busy highway above.

The next morning I woke up bright and early to head down for the complimentary breakfast. I was greeted immediately by Nellie who made very sure to explain what was on offer and kept a lively conversation going with me and all the guests that started to sleepily wander down. Nellie is probably one of the nicest person I have spoken with in a while and again someone managed to turn an otherwise very early blahh of a morning with a lot of driving ahead of me into a happy breakfast event. Had a really nice time talking to her.

The food was pretty good and better than most comp breakfasts I have had at other places. Selection was decent and it turned out that Nellie was the one that did most of the cooking that morning, so if any guest had a request or observation she was quick to try and accommodate them as best she could. I took note of that and definitely raised my perception of this particular comfort in even higher.

Check out was pretty speedy and drama free, just like I like it! This time up at the desk a very cheerful gentleman by name of Michael made sure I had enjoyed my stay and asked if I needed any directions on my way home. I didn't but I sure appreciated the offer. Most places just wrap things up and send you on your way without even a good luck, so that was another nice touch.

All in all it was a very pleasant and affordable hotel experience, and would not hesitate to book here again if I were passing through once more. Truly it's the little things and the people that you interact with that can make or break a stay. Thanks Comfort-Inn, and please thank your employees for me as they treated me great on my very short stay with you all.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front and above the ground floor are quieter. Avoid rear rooms as the Interstate...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and the 5 star rating. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. In the future, if you are coming back to Santa Rosa, please email me at gm.nm141@gmail.com and I will personally book your room for you. Also, please do recommend our hotel to all your friends and family.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Grover Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here for a good nights sleep after traveling all day. It was a joke. First the girl lied about the price, she said it would be $63 with tax etc. with our senior discount & when we gave her our credit card & she ran it through she charged $79.44. We were tired so we said fine. It was so noisy we didn't sleep at all, and they put us in the back by the freeway, & the bed was so uncomfortable.. The room stunk of a musty smell. I called down to the desk for extra towel & was told by the girl who answered the phone she would bring them over in about 15 minutes, that was at 7:05 pm and at 9:30 pm she never came (same girl as when we checked in) Another lie. The room was so cluttered with furniture it was hard to get around. The sink area was so small there was no where to put any thing. Where the closet should be there was a safe. The free breakfast was so gross. They were out of everything. No eggs, only 1 piece of sausage left, no biscuits & the gravy was in a crock pot where the gravy was so hard around the edge & inside, it hadn't been cleaned out in who knows how long. We were there around 7:15am so it should of been fresh. The only thing to eat was cold cereal, bagel, yogurt & old gravy. There were people around also wanting their breakfast & nothing to eat. This place was a joke!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Santa Rosa, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Check in was very fast and our Elite status was recognized by Alisha with a gift bag. Alisha was very helpful and friendly. The room met our expectations as we stayed here before. The bathroom could use better and brighter lighting.

Room Tip: Look at room during check in.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Please do recommend our hotel to your friends and family coming this way.
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The location is good directly off I-40. The staff is extremely friendly at check in Alisha was friendly and recognized our elite gold status which was appreciated.

In the morning one of the best assets the hotel has is the staff member that operates the breakfast. She is quick, efficient and makes sure to speak with everyone. The quality of the breakfast is also very good with. Waffles, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, yogurt and other items as well.

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really liked my stay, everything was clean and the room was very very nice for the price you cannot beat it. breakfast was good. THE room had a lovely king size bed and the sheets were really soft and the whole room was just very nice and for the price again you just cannot beat it

Room Tip: I was in room 120 and it was very nice, and Alisha at the front desk was awesome at check in
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your review and rating. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We know you have many choices while traveling and appreciate your business. Please come back and stay with us again and recommend us to your friends and family!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

During our trip on Interstate 40 across Northern New Mexico, my wife and I spent a comfortable night at Santa Rosa's Comfort Inn. From an enthusiastic "Welcome" by Alisha at time of check in to a final "Goodbye" from Angela during checkout, we enjoyed our stay at this Inn and the friendly attitude of the entire staff.

Our room and bathroom were small, but clean. The room contained two twin beds with comfortable mattresses, a desk, one cabinet with drawers, and what I call a "closet cabinet." It also had cable/satellite television service and access to WiFi. This Comfort Inn has a spacious lobby, an indoor pool and whirlpool, a business center (computer, but no printer), and laundry for guests to use and enjoy.

In the morning we had a delicious breakfast in a spotless eating area. Nellie, "the breakfast manager," made sure that there were sufficient hot and cold beverages as well as a wide variety of hot foods, breads and bagels, yogarts, cold cereals, and packages of oat meal available for all guests. She also provided personalized service for each guest, something I rarely observe in this type of breakfast setting.

For about $75.00, we received a clean room, tasty breakfast, and excellent service. During future visits to New Mexico, we will return to this Comfort Inn and recommend it to other travelers seeking quality accomodations at a reasonable price in Santa Rosa, New Mexico.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review and such positive review! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not our first stay at this hotel, so few surprises. Clean, convenient, well-laid-out for the most part. Wonderful breakfast area. Nice breakfast and great employees. Alisha at the front desk was busy on the phone with another potential guest when I walked in to register, but made eye contact to let me know she'd be right with me. Room was clean, well appointed and a comfortable temperature at the outset. The lady managing the breakfast area was so very helpful and courteous. Will be back again!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a review and such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Been to Comfort Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!