“Fall 2012” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Fall 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This establishment has been renovated since the last time we were there. It is well managed and spotless in its upkeep. The indoor pool is well maintained. The included breakfast was very good. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSRNM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review and rating. We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Newalla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were here one night on Sept. 7 and it was wonderful. Staff was friendly, helpful and pleasant, rooms were nice and the hot tub was very relaxing after a long day of driving. Our last trip through we stayed at the Quality Inn across the street and didn't have such a good experience so this time we decided to try the Comfort. We always get the AAA discount and the price we paid at the Comfort was about $4-$5 more than the Quality. It was sooo worth the extra $5. The room was nicer and the check in/check out was much more pleasant. We'll continue to stay here when passing through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSRNM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your recent review and rating. I am very pleased to know that you decided to stay with us the second time and enjoyed your stay. Please do let your friends and family know about our hotel and next time you come, please email me or call us directly so we can make reservations for you. Once again thank you for staying with us.
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Santa Rosa going/coming from Houston to Durango. It is close to the freeway for easy access, but far enough to avoid all highway noise. The staff was very friendly & made every effort to get us into the room we requested. The rooms are plenty large, and not over-crowded. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. We were in a hurry, so did not have breakfast, but it looked like they had good variety, as we got coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSRNM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review and rating. I am glad that our friendly staff was able to put you in the room you requested and glad that you had an excellent stay. Please do call us directly or email me the next time you come this way and I will be happy to assist you. My email is gm.nm141@gmail.com. Once again thank you for staying with us on your way to and from Durango!
Deton, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Not a lot of choices in Santa Rosa for the traveler. Close to the interstate. Pleasant staff. Room was fairly clean. Some areas, like corners could use a little extra care. All in all, for a reasonably priced hotel, it was a good stay. Breakfast was typical for the chain and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your reveiw and rating. I am sorry to hear that you thought our hotel was just average. If there is anything we could have done to make your stay better please reach out to me at gm.nm141@gmail.com.
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was our last night of vacation and a very good hotel. It provided all of the amenities plus had a microwave and frig in the room. The TV was a new large flat screen with direct TV! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
Although it was reported as a queen size bed I think it was a full.
The hotel is very secure with inside hallways and the pool was enclosed.
The best part was the food! In the evening there were cookies in the lobby in the evening and the morning breakfast was very good with the usual cereals and juice PLUS eggs, sausage, sausage & biscuits, or my favorite blue berry waffle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review and rating. I am glad that you had a restfull sleep and enjoyed our cookies and large breakfast. I do apologize that you thought that the beds were full size but they really are queen! Once again, thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon.
Inland Empire, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Traveling back and forth across the country, we opted to stay in Comfort Inns every chance we could. They are generally nice, clean, newer, and offer a good breakfast. The Santa Rosa, NM, Comfort Inn really caught our attention on the drive out - so much so that we planned to stay there on the drive back. Why? Extra good beds with sumptuous comforters - we didn't want to get up. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful room that was really clean. And breakfast! The first time we stayed, they had homemade biscuits and gravy as one of the choices. So good! As luck would have it, we arrived on the return trip just in time for the same delicious breakfast offerings. They also had waffles, eggs, bagels, pastries, yogurt, juice, and many different teas along with coffee. A good breakfast really starts the day right for travelers and we truly appreciated the wonderful choices. Wherever we go, we always try to find a Comfort Inn, and the one in Santa Rosa, NM, is outstanding in every way. Thank you for the excellent hospitality. Hope to be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSRNM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the excellent ratings and comments. We are always happy to hear from our guests and even happier to know that we meet your expectations. Once again thank you for staying with us and see you soon.
Antonito, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I really want to give this hotel a better review but I guess I'm just used to hotels without cockroaches and crickets. We were greated first by a huge cockroach as we entered the hall from the back door. We were given a "pet" room because we were traveling with our little Bichon so upon entering, the room smelled a little like pet urine. I went to turn up the a/c hoping that would blow out some of the stale smell (which it did) but as I went to move the curtains there was an even larger cricket hanging on to the sheers. I noticed the windows were not completely shut and not even locked which I quickly took care of. Our room backed right up to the highway and when the a/c fan was not blowing you could hear every semi and vehicle that went by. I tried to put the fan on the a/c to blow constantly but that part of the a/c unit did not work. The bed was comfortable as stated in other reviews but this is definitely an older hotel that has been somewhat renovated. The sink area has only enough room for 1 person. My husband and I could hardly get around each other because of the way the door to the bathroom opened. In the morning when I went to make my coffee the little 1 cup pot provided was not working as it had coffee going everywhere except in the cup. You could tell this has happened before because I noticed the grout along the edge of the sink was stained the same color as coffee.
The morning staff was friendly, breakfast was fine. If your looking for a very reasonable price placed to stay that accepts your pet, I would suggest you see if there is a room not backing up to the highway. Overall, it was okay, and I'm sure my rating would have been completely different if not for the bug greetings.

Room Tip: Stay away from backing to the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSRNM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for recent review. I would sincerely like to apologize for all the inconveniences and would like for you to personally reach out to me. Please email me at gm.nm141@gmail.com.

Been to Comfort Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!