“Really Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Hole
1085 Blue Hole Rd., Santa Rosa, NM 88435
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular scuba diving spot in an artisan-fed quarry that measures approximately 60 feet in diameter and 80 feet in depth.
Shreveport, Louisiana
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Really Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We heard about the Blue Hole, and decided to go see what it was. We found the park first, and thought that was it, but then discovered it on down the road. It was totally amazing! We didn't go in, but we watched people dive. Next time we'll make sure we go in! It isn't very big, 80 feet across, I think. But it is deep, and there are caverns beyond it. And it is very cold. Very inviting!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Judy C

Waterloo, Indiana
281 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 294 helpful votes
“It's Worth A Look!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were on our way out of New Mexico on I-40 and we kept seeing signs for the blue hole. The blue hole? Our curiosity got the best of us. Once there we saw a beautiful blue-green pool of water. It was hot and their was a lot of kids aged anywhere from grade school to high school. We felt out of place in our blue jeans because we had no intention of jumping into this 81 foot deep pool. They must be used to seeing tourist and I have to say the kids were very courteous. My wife had on flip-flops and slipped and almost fell down, before I could get there a high school aged boy was asking her if she was alright. You don't always get that these days and my wife was impressed ! Their are life guards on duty and if your into scuba-diving you can do that if you obtain a permit. We took a lot of pictures and were back on the road. If your driving through Santa Rosa take a look, It's free and fun to watch everybody for 30 minutes or so.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank terrsall
Honolulu, Hawaii
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stopped on a hot August day and then place was a zoo...left and went home instead.

Visited August 2011
Waterdown Ontario Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It was mind boggling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

In 1963 I drove the mother road rte66 to the coast. The road was a two lane highway back in the day.
I decided to do it all over again only this time the super highways moved you Quicker to your destination LA. However I digress here,driving along you can still go off onto the old route 66. Heres where it gets interesting. We went into santa rosa new mexico for food and a look see. I had food at a place I ate at back in 63 wow memories flooded my head.
After eating we noticed this sign visit the blue hole while in santa rosa. Easy enough to find in soch a small town. We drove to this open park and got out to have a look at this blue hole. There were no fences around this cemented hole. The blue water in the hole was amazing. This blue hole has unknown depths and is fed by springs from the upper hills. Apparently there are caves in this hole that divers explore all the time. S ome of these caves have been closed off after a diver could not figure out hoe to get out and he drowned. Hundreds of thousands gallons of water pour into this blue hole. Where this all ends up is anybodys guess. They can not determine the real depth of this Blue Hole.

This is a must see if you are ever in the area a real mother nature construction for sure. Do not miss this for sure!!!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank zona67
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Santa Rosa's treasure ~ sapphire/topaz gem in the desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

A precious swimming hole with opportunities for diving and sunning on the smooth rocks above and surround. Easily accessed, no hiking involved. Some small shade trees. A divine experience in the heat of summer. And it's free!

Visited June 2011