“Big Bang for the Buck in Santa Rosa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Santa Rosa

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Santa Rosa to your Saves list
Travelodge Santa Rosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2295 Historic Route 66, Bus. I-40 and Old Rt. 66, Santa Rosa, NM 88435   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Santa Rosa
Houston, Texas
“Big Bang for the Buck in Santa Rosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the Travelodge in Santa Rosa. I have stayed several times along this route in other hotels and it was at least the equivalent of motels next door and across the street costing $20-40 more a night. I don't like to waste money and like bang for my buck so was very pleased to find that the room was spacious and tidy with everything I needed. The folks at the desk both at night and in the morning were very helpful and pleasant. I had worried prior to staying because of some earlier negative reviews but whatever the problem was it has been resolved.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oklahoma, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

I rarely give 5-star reviews for ANY property, much less a cheap Travelodge off the interstate. This place was an exception.

I was VERY leery of staying at a Travelodge, because I have extremely high standards. Yet, it was late at night and we were tired from driving all day. We didn't feel like looking around town for something else. We stopped.

Service was excellent and the clerk went out of her way to make good restaurant recommendations. There is a wonderful, unique Route 66 themed Mexican joint down the road that is to die for. Room was clean and comfortable and I had the best night's sleep I had had in a long time. Property was well-kept and there was a cute garden in back with bell peppers growing in it. I was absolutely impressed.

You can look at my profile, and look at my other reviews, to see that I am in no way affiliated with this property. I promise you that this review is completely unbiased.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Saint Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Hotel is set up more like a motel, with only one floor of rooms.
The hotel staff was pleasant, not great or bad.
The walls are very thin so you can hear the people in the rooms next to you. We only stayed for 12 hours if that. Just needed a place to rest out heads and head back on the road. If you are looking for a discount use the coupon in the travel books at reststops, $39.99 a night for 1 person.
Breakfast was good - bagels, coffee, juice, cereal and milk.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Southeastern Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I was pleased to call and find that the hotel didn't charge an arm and a leg for pets. When I travel for fun, I travel with my dog. I was happy with the room when I entered. My expectations are pretty reasonable: passably clean, bed with clean sheets, electricity and water. There was a restaurant nearby that had decent food. I slept well that night. Everything seemed to be going quite well until I tried to take a shower. No water would come out no matter how I jiggled the handle or pleaded with the heavens. I washed up in the sink, got dressed and walked to the office.
Me: It seems that the shower does not work in my room.
Her: Which room did you stay in?
Me: 13*
Her: The last person had trouble with that faucet too. Housekeeping was able to make it work though. Did you try pushing or pulling at the same time you turned the knob?
Me: I tried everything that a person who showers every day and likes to shower every day could think to try.
Her: Well, it will come on.
Me: If someone who is quite accustomed to working faucets cannot get the thing to come on, it's time to have it fixed.
Her: I'll mention it to maintenance. Have a nice day.
Me: Considering I just spent $60 to essentially camp out and watch television, the day isn't starting out so great.

???? Seriously, no offer of sending someone to cajole the faucet into service for me or to let me use the shower in one of their vacant rooms. I couldn't believe it. And of course I still paid full price for a room.

• Stayed October 2009
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Travelodge Santa Rosa, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our maintenance department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

When we checked in the desk attendant charged our reservation card without even asking. When she told us there was no balance to be paid and what card had been charged, she said she had no idea how it got charged. She then could not fix the problem and charge the correct card. However, she thought she had fixed the problem and when we gave her a different card to charge, she charged it three times. Talk about overdrafts! Had no idea how to use any of the software they deal with and had very poor customer relation skills. I called my bank and they gave me a number for her to call to fix the problem. Didn't know how to get any of the proper information necessary to fix the problem. The next morning the manager was extremly rude and put out when we requested that she call the bank service line to fix the overdrafts and mischarges. Treated us like we were below her and had no right to ask to have the problem fixed. Will never go to a Travel Lodge again. This is the second time I have had an experience with inept and rude staff (Durango, CO Travel Lodge).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
We are shocked and dismayed to learn of your experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we strive to extend to our guests. I always utilize feedback like yours for staff training purposes and will make certain our team understands that such treatment of guests will not be tolerated! Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.
california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

At first glance everything is fine. Some small stains on the walls, shower is cracked and old, some mildew spots...nothing too bad. The pool was closed, always a bit of a bummer. Then in the morning I found a dried blood stain on the sheets (I'm really hoping it's mine....maybe a mysterious mosquito got me in the night?? Though I can't find a cut or bite anywhere on my body...yikes.) And I killed a small beetle in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Then on my way out in the morning I noticed TONS of dead beetles and cockroaches all over the walkway to the main office and the parking lot. So glad I didn't see them before I went to sleep or I may have had trouble falling asleep. Basically I wouldn't pay more than what I paid for the place ($55), and in fact I think it's only worth about $40/night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Here at the Travelodge we’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay back in April. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Wow! The price was great and the room was fantastic for the price. Very clean and the office staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!