“OK diner” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Contact: Patricia Velasquez Phone: 575-472 9925
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
“OK diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Nothing special here, very neat, clean interior, good service and average food. Lots of memorabilia to look at. Items are overpriced. I would not return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Madison Heights MI
“Great Staff and Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I ate here and really enjoyed speaking to the staff. The food was really good as I had a hamburger and fry. We dropped our trailer at the Comfort Inn hotel we stayed at and bobtailed over here to the Route 66 Restaurant. Good food good times!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Breakfast Location & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My colleagues and I stopped for breakfast at the Route 66 Diner en route to Clovis, NM (we'd spent the night at the Comfort Inn down the road). The diner recommended by the front desk wasn't open, so we stumbled across this place (which is apparently the original Route 66 Diner).

The two ladies that served us were polite and efficient service, the coffee was fresh and delicious, and the juevos rancheros were excellent. I'd recommend this place to anyone traveling through Santa Rosa. The music selection was also the perfect mix of old, classic, and new.

I've included a photo with this review. I admit that it doesn't look promising from the outside, but give it a chance.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Traveling west on I-40 in central New Mexico, it is pretty barren. Santa Rosa is an oasis of restaurants and truck stops. I got off on Old Route 66 looking for breakfast and what could be better than the Route 66 Restaurant. I will give them a "five" foe ambiance, but the rest was a disappointment. They had only one waitress and she was also the cashier and constantly answering the phone. Took forever just to get a cup of coffee and water. The food took a long time to prepare and serve. It was average, but I was hoping for some good New Mexico chiles with my huevos rancheros. Instead it was served with truck stop chili. Hard to get a coffee refill because the waitress was so busy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oelwein
“A nice stop in Santa Rosa,NM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are driving parts of old US 66 stop here for good burgers or Mexican food. Reasonable prices and good food. It was nice see an original Route 66 diner still operating.

• Visited August 2013