“One of the best Double green chile cheese burger I've ever had” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“One of the best Double green chile cheese burger I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at this place a few times at its good. If your craving a good greasy green chile cheese burger(which we all to crave a greasy burger from time to time) go it was awesome. And get the pinto beans with green chile yum.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Missouri
“Good. Neither memorable nor great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The famous green chile cheeseburger was fine. Nothing memorable, though. Nothing special about its look, mouth feel, taste, aroma, or the flavor of the green chile sauce. Also, the drinks and sides are over-priced.

Ambiance pleasant, as are the staff.

Next time I'm in San Antonio, I'll give Buckhorn a whirl.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Strongsville, Ohio
“Best green chili burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a green chili burger as we always do when passing through. Nothing has changed, and we very happy with our stop at a good place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse
“Very disappointing breakfast at the Owl Cafe in San Antonio, NM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stopped by the owl cafe for a much anticipated breakfast in San Antonio, NM. We had been to the Owl Cafe in Albuquerque and it was teriffic. So, we expected the same. It was awful! The toast was burnt to a crisp. It also came out col 5 minutes before our eggs. Butter wouldn't even melt on it. We attempted to scrape off the char, but it was burnt straight through. My husband got a breakfast platter. Also, cold. Only one small scoop of scrambled eggs. My son and I got eggs over easy with green chile. He's a vegetarian and told the waitress. Our eggs came with green chile with hamburger or someother kind of unidentifiable meat. The only decafe coffee they had was instant Sanka. We arrived there at 10:45AM. Should definately have waited until 11 for the restaurant down the street to open! As we went by later, it was packed for breakfast. Next time we'll follow the crowd.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great GCC and great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

To be honest, I first went to the Buckhorn based on recent reviews. But after standing in a line that did not move for 30 minutes, we decided to try the Owl instead. Karma was on our side, as we received an order to go in about 10 minutes and the burgers were wonderful! The meat was cooked to perfection and the green chili had a some bite. My only regret is that I only ordered one burger, because I could have consumed two. Give the Owl a try. I think you will like it.

• Visited October 2012