We were in Madikwe for 3 days in August. This is a really superb lodge in an awesome reserve. Hannes and his sterling team go out of their way to ensure that no detail gets missed. They went out of their way to accommodate my dietary requirements (even baking me gluten free bread and cupcakes!)
The suites are heavenly. Absolutely huge, wonderfully comfortable, and just downright fantastic. They have all of the luxuries that you would expect of a lodge of this caliber. The smaller touches are what made it special. Sherry, a really great in-room tea/coffee facility with a good selection of herbal teas and good quality coffee and hot chocolate, truffles on turndown etc. I'm a fan of a huge tub with a view and excellent outdoor shower, so this was perfect.
Madikwe is my favourite SA reserve with a healthy population. We saw the Big 5 in 2 days.
Try it ... it makes me proudly South African!
- Also Known As:
- Madikwe Hills Private Game Hotel
- Madikwe Hills Private Game Hotel Madikwe Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traversing over 75 000 hectares, Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge is situated on a hill, in the heart of the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. Ingeniously set amongst boulders and age-old Tamboti trees, the lodge offers visitors the utmost in luxury and hospitality, where you will find yourself enchanted by a world of intrigue and majestic beauty. Madikwe Game Reserve stretches all the way up to the Botswana border and is one the largest and most popular game reserves in South Africa. Once farm land, the Reserve has now been restored to its former natural environment with 86 mammals (from mice to elephant), 420 bird species (110 being rare) and 104 tree species. Predominantly grasslands and bushveld, intermingled with lone mountains and rocky outcrops, the Reserve is home to cheetahs, wild dogs, leopards, hyenas, lion, elephant, black & white rhino, buffalo, zebra, giraffe and various antelope. • Two 3-hour game drives a day (morning and afternoon) • 'Big 5' game viewing in state-of-the-art game-viewers • Tea, filter coffee and biscuits on morning game drive • Drinks and canapes on afternoon game drive • Bush breakfasts and dinners on request for larger groups MAIN CAMP • 10 Secluded glass fronted suites (±150m2) • Uninterrupted views of the African bush • Private deck with plunge pool • Air-conditioning • Fans • Fireplaces • Fully stocked mini-bar • Indoor and outdoor showers • Mosquito nets • Private lounge Little Madikwe (Family Friendly Camp) Little Madikwe comprises of a 2 Bedroomed Suite (±390m2). An additional 2 Luxury Suites (±150m2) can be reserved to form a completely private camp accommodating up to 8 guests. • Private deck and swimming pool • Air-conditioning and fans • Fireplaces • Fully stocked mini-bar • Indoor and outdoor showers • Mosquito nets • Private lounge, verandah and dining room • Private kitchen with personal chef - set your own meal time • Private game drive vehicle and game ranger - set your own game drive time • Personal butler/child minder • Entertainment centre • Satellite television and DVD collection • Various CD's and children's games • Small library FACILITIES IN MAIN LODGE • Lounge • Dining Room • Bar • Wine Cellar • Local wines • Terraced viewing deck with umbrellas overlooking waterhole • Swimming Pool • Library - stocked with a comprehensive selection of books • Internet Facilities - desktop with wireless internet connection available 24 hours • Satellite Television at the main building in the Lounge • Traditional Boma • Curio Shop Well stocked with books, clothing, safari gear, handmade knives, shoes, bags, jewellery, postcards and local arts & crafts. WELLNESS Set the mind at ease and embrace the energy of the bush. Experience Spafaris with soul of Africa. From our enchanting world, secrets are revived and re-created to bring you, for the first time, a unique spa concept based on a fusion o f ancient healing tradition, philosophies and rituals from Africa. To reconnect to nature, to realise, to recover and to relax... In holistic therapy, our body "energy" is the universal life force that governs personal wellbeing and vitality. The signature treatments are concentrates on establishing and maintaining a balance between our body energies. The new range Wisdom of Africa blended indigenous botanical ingredients from all over the continent of Africa, that natures mind, body and spirit. They give us an idea of African healing traditions and a chance to re-awaken, to touch the inner self again. Fully Equipped Gym The fully quipped gym at Madikwe Hills, with treadmill, spinning bike, rowing machine, fitness flyer, weights and bench, dumbbells and barbells and aerobic mats, allows guests to keep up with their fitness regime, or a place to release the guilt built up after indulging in mouth-watering delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Madikwe Hills Private Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.