We recently stayed at the Sarili Lodge in Shamwari for 3 nights. We were delighted with the intimacy of the lodge and we were lucky enough that there was only 1 small well behaved child there. The welcome from Yolanda was lovely and she took time to explain all the routines. Our room was spotless and had a huge bed and lovely bathroom. The food is wonderful and of a very high standard. While we were there we had one BBQ evening which was served outside in the courtyard. Our game warden was Harry. We cannot praise him enough. He ensured we saw as many animals as possible and his knowledge was unbelievable. He had a great sense of humour and we all had lots of fun. He arranged to take us out on a safari picnic lunch one day. The setting was beautiful overlooking the reserve. The food was fabulous and we enjoyed the experience. Harry also took us out on a night drive after dinner one evening. We were able to see the activities of the animals in the dark and this included close up encounter with the lions. Each evening drive includes a stop in the bush for a sundowner drink of your choice. Where else can you see the sun go down whilst drinking a delicious vodka and tonic complete with ice and lemon and nibbles. Bliss.
- Also Known As:
- Shamwari Game Reserve Hotel
- Shamwari Game Reserve Hotel Shamwari Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A mere 75 km from Port Elizabeth towards Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Shamwari is the crown jewel of private game reserves situated in the malaria free Eastern Cape, the birth place of Nelson Mandela. This privately owned 25 000 hectares of prime natural terrain has received numerous international awards. Shamwari is an exploration of nature with close encounters of free roaming wildlife and the coveted big five with a choice of unique lodges, an exclusive private villa and the adventurous Explorer Camp. Luxury accommodation is offered in 7 different game lodges on Shamwari Game Reserve, all of which are 5 Star graded. Choose a game lodge that perfectly compliments your ideal African experience. EAGLES CRAG LODGE - Exclusivity, privacy and serenity for the most discerning of travelersBAYETHE TENTED LODGE - The ultimate in luxury tented accommodationSARILI LODGE - A colonial and bush experience. Perfect for families or small partiesLONG LEE MANOR - Refined elegance from a bygone era. RIVERDENE FAMILY LODGE - Colonial Africa in an elegantly restored CHILD FRIENDLY frontier home. VILLA LOBENGULA - Villa Lobengula is a beautiful and tranquil space tucked away in the depths of the valley bushveld. Booked on an exclusive use basis only. EXPLORER CAMP - Camping & walking experience among the Big 5 on the magnificent Shamwari Game Reserve ON SAFARI - Game drives can last up to 3 hours each and are conducted twice a day in open vehicles / Guided walks / Star gazing RELAX - Various treatments can be enjoyed at our Relaxation Retreats which are situated at Eagles Crag, Lobengula Lodge, Bayethe Lodge and Long Lee Manor ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shamwari Game Reserve Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.