We were taken to Mpongo by froends that live in a East London as ws had nlt managed to visit any other Game Reserve whilst we were in Sputh Africa. We booked lunch follpwed by an escorted drive. The food was excellent and our guide showed us a variety of animals including Rhino, Giraffe, Zebra, Ostrich, Impala, Wildibeast,
Springbok. We were sad not to have seen Elephant. Whilst not huge, we got to feel we were in the real bush. We felt that we got very good value. Thanks to the staff for a very warm welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mpongo Private Game Reserve, only 35km from the popular coastal city of East London, offers visitors a one-of-a-kind experience of game viewing and true South African hospitality. Home to elephant, lion, rhino, buffalo, hippo, giraffe, numerous antelope and bird species, Mpongo Private Game Reserve offers a unique blend of luxury and gaming experiences on more than 3500 ha of conservation land. Enjoy a day, weekend or a whole week at this magnificent reserve in the heart of the Eastern Cape. With its rolling hills, river valleys and luscious surroundings, it caters to the heart of even the keenest eco-tourist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mpongo Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mpongo Private Game Reserve Hotel Mpongo Private Game Reserve
- Mpongo Private Game Reserve Eastern Cape