we just got back from staying in Kings Camp for 3 nights at the end of our 2 weeks in South Africa. we have NEVER stayed in a place like this! when you pull up to the lodge the staff is waiting at the door to greet you. cold drinks are waiting for you, there is a briefing about safety (after all, you are in the middle of the largest reserve in South Africa!), then they personally escort you to your room and go over all the amenities and services available. their guides and trackers were so informative and knowledgeable, their jeeps more comfortable than the others we were in - and they provide hot water bottles for cold mornings in the jeep! the staff was helpful, friendly and overall incredible. i agree with the other reviewer - we did not want to leave!
- Also Known As:
- Kings Camp Hotel
- Kings Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kings Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kings Camp reflects the charm and romance of a colonial past in a pristine corner of unspoilt Africa. Kings Camp is situated facing an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife, day and night.Eleven generously spacious colonial suites are luxuriously equipped with air-conditioning, Victorian ball-and-claw bath, indoor and outdoor double shower, fully stocked mini-bar and private verandah. Dark tones of wood and thatch offset the natural colours of the bushveld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Kings Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.