Our family's 3 night stay at Umlani was magical. It's a beautiful bush camp, but not over done. The rooms were beautiful, food spectacular and wildlife sightings amazing. David and the rest of the staff there are so warm and accommodating. They're like a big family which makes it a very special place. We loved it so much that we drove 5 hours back there (after a week in Kruger) to spend our last two nights there! We just couldn't stay away. Hopefully we'll get back there again soon. We would highly recommend Umlani to anyone traveling in the Timbavati/Kruger Park area.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.