I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights here in the August of 2010(year wasn't offered as option on list below). I came with a friend and College Professor, as we were earning college credit for "Study Abroad". Patrick and Scotch were so knowledgeable and friendly with helping us learn details of how to track animals. We were blessed to see many animals numerous times throughout our stay. Seeing a mama leopard with her baby cub playing in the tree was a highlight for me. The food was amazing and fireside meals were a nice added touch. The breakfast service with hot coffee/cocoa snacks outside your tent every morning was a great way to spoil a guest. Paul and Nomsa were very helpful and accommodating, even letting us play the drums one night to let others know it was time for dinner. We even had an impromptu dance around the table one day before lunch. I'd love to come back sometime, the photos I got were amazing, but the memories more bittersweet. Thanks to all who made our stay there so memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp Hotel
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, offers a five-star personal wilderness experience in ultimate luxury. Here, in your own private piece of Africa, you will come face to face with nature as it always was, with not a fence in sight to inhibit your freedom.Set on the banks of the Nharalumi riverbed, Tanda Tula is shaded by stately trees and overlooks a water hole that attracts a wide variety of game from dawn to dusk. ... more less