Simbavati was fabulous from start to finish. We visited in August 2013 with our two teenage children with us so a large two bed chalet (named Elephant) was our home and it was beautiful with a lovely viewing gallery off the second bedroom. Each day we had early morning and late afternoon game drives with Moshe as our driver and Nicklus as his tacker assistant. These were amazing and we saw all the big 5 up close and personal in large numbers. Sundowner drinks were beautiful and we enjoyed the food and hospitality throughout. Also met some lovely fellow guests on the drives; a family from Chicago and a fellow Brit ! Thank you for making us so welcome and we would recommend others to visit for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve