- we were welcomed in very nice and personal way by Melanie and Lizel
- magnificent environment to have a drink and lunch
- the rooms are tents, but: huge, safe, clean, comfortable: watch my pics! I never stay / sleep in a tent but in one like these I'll sleep every day!
- lunch was nice, but not the rest of the hotel's standards
- afternoon safari: great guides ( Collen and Foster ) and the big 5!
- dinner: nice food ( but less than we expected from a place like this ) I'm convinced they can serve more than stew and chicken.
- good beds
- bathroom with shower and bath with view on the trees
- morning safariwas great with a stop for a cup of coffee and a biscuit ( African style: hard to chew )
- breakfast: perfect
My best 24 hours in SA! I'll be back and will recommend this to everybody who plans to visit SA!
Not cheap, but worth every cent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a traditional African safari camp, Kapama Buffalo Camp offers a unique and intimate experience in the African bush. It is ideal for discovering big game Africa in true safari tented style without compromising on comfort.Ten luxury newly build canvas tents, each sleeping two, are set on wooden decks built on stilts over a steep-sided riverbank. Wooden walkways interconnect the rooms, which are all in the upper reaches of tall riverine trees. The river below rarely flows and antelopes are seen daily walking along the sandy riverbed. Each tented room has all the usual comforts of electricity, en-suite bathroom, safe, writing table, wardrobe, low impact climate control, mini-bar and tea/coffee facilities.The communal areas of Buffalo Camp are on the riverbank, where gardens of succulent aloes and euphorbia are tended around the thatched bar, dining room, pool terrace and campfire. But the thick African bush is just a glance away, inhabited by animals like lion, hyena and jackal whose calls can be heard in the dead of night. Lanterns, rather than electric lights, glow at night under the trees, creating a special intimate ambience particular to Buffalo Camp.With a maximum of 20 guests at Buffalo Camp, special attention is paid to personal service and the staff become like friends. Kapama Buffalo Camp is a truly authentic way to experience the African bush. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa