I recently spent a month in Africa and visited 4 countries and had various game viewing experiences. My trip started at Vic Falls then Kapama Buffalo Camp in South Africa then continued onto Manyara National Park, Ngorogoro Crater, Serengeti, Masai Mara and Amboseli National Park.
This was the trip of a lifetime and I absolutely adored every part of it and I have certainly left a part of my heart in the wonderful continent of Africa and hope to return one say.
But I must say that the most wonderful part of this life changing adventure was my time at Kapama Buffalo Camp. Everything was superbly and professionally done, the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble and our comfort and needs were their number one priority. The food was fantastic and each day we had a different dining experience.
The camp itself is a most peaceful place to chill out as the ambience is relaxing and friendly with tasteful furnishing and wonderful surrounding bush land.
Naturally the highlight of my time at Kapama was the 6 hours of game driving per day. We'd be woken very early for a quick coffee and then head out in the chilly morning hours with cosy blankets and hot water bottles - once again our comfort was well catered for. We'd drive for 3 hours then return for breakfast then go out again in the late afternoon and return at dinner time.
Our Guide was Collin and our Tracker was Foster and I cannot speak highly enough of the expertise that these two special people had. Their ability to find all The Big Five in my three days with them was outstanding and the knowledge that Collin shared with us, both on the drives and during meal times was exceptional and he is a credit to the Kapama company.
I left this most wonderful camp with tears of joy in my eyes as there wasn't a day there that didn't thrill me. I cannot wait to return one day with my friends as this time I travelled alone.
Africa and Kapama will always have a place in my heart.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Hotel
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a traditional African safari camp, Kapama Buffalo Camp offers a unique and intimate experience in the African bush. It is ideal for discovering big game Africa in true safari tented style without compromising on comfort.Ten luxury newly build canvas tents, each sleeping two, are set on wooden decks built on stilts over a steep-sided riverbank. Wooden walkways interconnect the rooms, which are all in the upper reaches of tall riverine trees. The river below rarely flows and antelopes are seen daily walking along the sandy riverbed. Each tented room has all the usual comforts of electricity, en-suite bathroom, safe, writing table, wardrobe, low impact climate control, mini-bar and tea/coffee facilities.The communal areas of Buffalo Camp are on the riverbank, where gardens of succulent aloes and euphorbia are tended around the thatched bar, dining room, pool terrace and campfire. But the thick African bush is just a glance away, inhabited by animals like lion, hyena and jackal whose calls can be heard in the dead of night. Lanterns, rather than electric lights, glow at night under the trees, creating a special intimate ambience particular to Buffalo Camp.With a maximum of 20 guests at Buffalo Camp, special attention is paid to personal service and the staff become like friends. Kapama Buffalo Camp is a truly authentic way to experience the African bush. ... more less