We were a small group of six visiting in early November 2012. From the moment we were picked up by Jakes in his Safari Landrover at the airport, we experienced first rate service. The food and accomodations were fantastic. The condition of the bush and health of the animals and the quantity of wildlife we saw was out of this world. One day we saw 13 lions,another day we counted 16 elephants. The trees, birds and insects were just as amazing. Our guide was very knowledgable and shared stories at every turn in the road. It is very nice to see people working at jobs they are passionate about. I took over 1000 pictures during our 4 days and have stories for a lifetime...like don't stand up in a jeep when taking a picture of the lion king.This is a MUST do trip of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish and roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it.Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa