Just returned from our stay at the Kapama River Lodge. There were 3 of us that went and we all enjoyed our time there very much. Our guide, Nelson, and tracker, Mateo, were wonderful!!!! The only animals we weren't fortunate to come across were the leopard and cheetah. On our last day we saw a group of female lions and one male all going in for a bite to eat...a wart hog. This was a adrenaline pumping experience!
Our rooms were wonderful. There were no tv's but who needs them when you're on vacation!? Each day there was either wart hogs or kudo's outside of our balcony. Each of us had the pleasure of enjoying the spa as well. I personally had the BEST massage ever!!! It was a little too chilly to jump in the pool but it was still beautiful to look at.
In the evening we ate dinner with our guide and those that went on the safari with us. This was nice the first evening but would like to have had the option to eat by ourselves maybe one or two of the nights. Food wasn't too bad.
Visited the souvenir shop one day and picked up a couple of goodies. Wish the shop were a little bigger but I had visited Cape Town prior to arriving and my bags were pretty full as it was.
I can't wait to plan a return trip in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish and roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it.Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa