My husband and I spent 1 week at the River Lodge celebrating my 40th birthday. We stayed in one of the spa suites and it was just perfect. Our room had 2 balconies with an extra sitting area. Every day we could watch giraffes walk past our room. Our guide was Rob and he and his tracker Magnum did an amazing job finding the Big 5 and more. I'd say that in most 24 hour periods we found the Big 5 every time. We were a little concerned after reading reviews about having dinner with our group every night (as we typically like to keep to ourselves), but we found it to be an unforgettable experience meeting with and talking to people from around the world.
The staff was as friendly and helpful as we have ever seen. Our waiter Andrew couldn't have been more attentive or pleasant. We went on a couple of bush walks with Ryan and that was great as well - very interesting to learn about all the plants and smaller animals as well as their habitats. Kapama and their team did a great job of not only finding the animals, but teaching you about them as well.
Thank you Kapama, Rob, Magnum, Ryan and Andrew for making our first African safari so perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish and roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it.Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa