This was one of our best family vacations ever!
The small size of the resort, the modern design of the suites, restaurant etc as well as he overall layout, which offered absolute privacy, is outstanding. We had one of the large 2-bedroom family suites and truly loved our house with its remarkable large private pool.
Also the food offered during the day (there is a lot!!) was exquisite especially he BBQ in the bush under the clear night sky by the open fire.
The staff was just incredible and so so service oriented, at the same time warm, authentic, with a good sense of humour and a true joy to be with. It almost felt like being part of a family.
Andries, the general manager was always around, helping us to have the best holiday experience we could have had and making sure we had a great time.
Our ranger Reckson and tracker Nicolas were outstanding in finding all animals, explaining every detail of the wildlife to us and even providing an astronomy lesson of the Southern night sky which was foreign to us. We saw all the Big 5 multiple times as well as plenty of other animals from snakes to cheetahs. Also learned a lot about nature's toothbrushes, toothpicks etc...
As mentioned by other guests we appreciated the fact that we had the same guide and tracker during our many drives over the 6 days we spent at Kapama Karula since thus they were able to tailor the drives based on our previous viewings.
Our waiter Emotion was so good to have around, constantly ensuring we had everything we needed and sharing his great sense of dry humour with us.
Some little things we find worth mentioning since they made quite a difference: the coffee and snacks offered during the morning game drive, the towels, drinks and welcome reception after each game drive, the sundowners during the evening game drives, the Nespresso machine in the room...
Thank you to Andries and all the team at Kapama Karula who made this trip something we will never forget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the perennial Klaserie River is one of Kapama's most secluded and prestigious safari camps named Karula. Karula means "place of peace" in the native tongue, and soon after your arrival you will know exactly why this name is just so perfect for this magnificent luxury safari camp. Peace is but one of the many emotions that will encompass your soul as you look at the serene waterway meandering gently past your doorstep and the age old saying "water is life" will begin to have a whole new meaning for you. The open plan lounge and bar area, with floor to ceiling glass doors illustrates the perfect balance with elegant light colors. This modern building with its whitewashed wooden structure, skylights and open air bar, creates a cozy feel to the lounge and makes it a day time favorite to enjoy a drink or just sit back and enjoy the sights Karula has to offer. The contemporary yet African feel to the camp will satisfy and exceed the expectations of even the most discerning connoisseurs. The outside wooden deck overlooking the Klaserie river gives you the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and magnificent vistas the camp has to offer. Karula Library & Media Room boasts some of the best audio visual equipment but doubles as a library where you can read a good book in a breathtaking environment, or just take in nature's views through the massive sliding windows. Keep in touch with family and loved ones at one of the two dedicated guest internet stations with WiFi on tap and free of charge. A private, romantic fireplace dinner can also be arranged with the camp personnel, and in a modern romantic setting like this, the answer can only be "Yes". Kapama Karula has twelve superior suites, each exquisitely decorated and with generous private space. Two of the superior suites are purpose-built for families. Each suite also has a private outside deck and a large swimming pool, which is heated in the chillier months for year-round swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your Kapama Karula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Karula Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Karula Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa