My husband and I stayed at Kapama Karula in February for 3 nights. We had an amazing experience and would highly recommend Kapama! Our suite was amazing, the food was 5 star and the game viewing was spectacular! We only had 6 in our car so it was nice to have a small group with the same ranger and tracker the entire trip. We saw the Big 5 in the 1st Day. I cant think of one animal we did not see. The highlight was a pride of 13 lions and witnessing a hippo attack a rhino! We also saw a leopard which was another rare find and tons of baby animals!
Only suggestion I would make to the camp is NOT to charge for bottled water at meals. It seems so petty to charge $1 for a bottle of water when you are given it for free on the game drives and in your room. You can have any fruit juice or tea for free, but not water which is weird. The food was 5 star and very good, but is a little gamey. Some of the menus did not change on a daily basis and did get a little old. Those are my only complaints about the camp.
Overall, an amazing experience and I was sad to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the perennial Klaserie River is one of Kapama's most secluded and prestigious safari camps named Karula. Karula means "place of peace" in the native tongue, and soon after your arrival you will know exactly why this name is just so perfect for this magnificent luxury safari camp. Peace is but one of the many emotions that will encompass your soul as you look at the serene waterway meandering gently past your doorstep and the age old saying "water is life" will begin to have a whole new meaning for you. The open plan lounge and bar area, with floor to ceiling glass doors illustrates the perfect balance with elegant light colors. This modern building with its whitewashed wooden structure, skylights and open air bar, creates a cozy feel to the lounge and makes it a day time favorite to enjoy a drink or just sit back and enjoy the sights Karula has to offer. The contemporary yet African feel to the camp will satisfy and exceed the expectations of even the most discerning connoisseurs. The outside wooden deck overlooking the Klaserie river gives you the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and magnificent vistas the camp has to offer. Karula Library & Media Room boasts some of the best audio visual equipment but doubles as a library where you can read a good book in a breathtaking environment, or just take in nature's views through the massive sliding windows. Keep in touch with family and loved ones at one of the two dedicated guest internet stations with WiFi on tap and free of charge. A private, romantic fireplace dinner can also be arranged with the camp personnel, and in a modern romantic setting like this, the answer can only be "Yes". Kapama Karula has twelve superior suites, each exquisitely decorated and with generous private space. Two of the superior suites are purpose-built for families. Each suite also has a private outside deck and a large swimming pool, which is heated in the chillier months for year-round swimming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kapama Karula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Karula Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Karula Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa