There is a reason this Lodge was just voted into the top 100 spots in Africa to stay..
I really can't rave enough, this was our last stop on a 3 week tour and we finished it in style. Pondoro is located in the Balule Private Reserve just outside of the Kruger gates, on the banks of the Olifants River, the setting is amazing.
We stopped here for 3 nights, and enjoyed the best service and food of our whole trip by far. Lize's cooking is just incredible, the staff are all amazing giving us the perfect way to finish our trip. Robbie gave us 3 days of game drives that were fantastic. Some of the animals we were lucky to see included:
The pride of 19 lions
A Caracoul kill (amazing site)
Heard of 30+ Elephants
African Wild Cat
Cheetahs (about 4 of them together)
Hippo's on the bank of the River
Plenty of Girrafe, Impala and Zebra
Loads of bird life!
As a travel agent, this place is more than value for money as several of the close by lodges charge extroadinary prices, and I will have no problems in recommending this beautiful lodge to all of my clients travelling to Africa, its a must see place!
Thank you again to all the staff for looking after us, we will definately be returning in the near future lets hope!
Steve & Renae
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.