I have been working 40 years in travel & tourism and on and off on the safari track in Africa since the late seventies. Having stayed in more than a thousend lodges and camps all over SA and central and eastern Africa. The accommodation and the food at Pondoro is definately above average. Well done. But game drives! First of all you need to be honest in your PR and selling material and state loud and clear that you use the middle seat and squize 9 guests together in your safari cars when needed! Leaving the middle passenger in a hopeless and worthless position. Second you need to educate your so-called young rangers to be just as quiet as your guests during an animal sigthing. Instead of constantly shouting driving instructions into their headset to fellow rangers in other cars. Correct these details and you will have a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve