We stayed at Pondoro Game Lodge from 17th of February until 20th of February 2013. It was a very phantastic experience, Robbie and Andre, our rangers, showed us many animals. We had the luck to see two lions when they tried to catch a zebra and every day was a surprise. We saw black and white rhinos and many elephants. All of the big five except the leopard. But friends from Austria who stayed at Pondoro a little big longer then we send us one day later when we were on our way to Johannesburg a photo from the leopard the have seen It was an amazing time to see all these animal in the nature. Also the accommodation was excellent. A place like in paradise for relaxing. The food was also great. Suzi and the stuff were excellent. The last evening before we leave we had diner at the riverside with a great fire. It was totally romantic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve