I have been traveling to the continents in search of new adventures and my experience here at the Pondoro Game Lodge was unlike any other. The lodge was very clean and tastefully decorated. The whole place had a distinct charm. The dining area, bar and living room seemed like you were in a huge home. The people were warm, attentive, friendly and relaxed making the my stay very pleasant . The spa massages after exploring the bush was a superb treat. The menu selection was also exsquisite and meals were served by the the riverside which I found quite special. The highlights of course, were the early morning and late afternoon safaris to the wilderness anticipating the excitement of what can be seen and captured in the lens of the camera. Our trackers were knowledgeable, skillful, daring and yet cautious. They provided us with tons of information about almost everything we experienced. The "sundowners" which were the cocktails served in the middle of nowhere were an added treat with the South African sundown as the back drop to this special scenery. At the lodge, there was a tiny pool which blended so well with the surroundings and was a nice way to refresh after being under the heat of the sun.
The safari experience was full of surprises. It was a perfect combination of relaxation and excitement. Timing of activities were not rushed. I would definitely go back here with my family and hopefully soon.
My visit to Pondoro was actually in February but the option for this month did not show so I chose July which was the closest to February. The weather in February was perfect for this expedition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve