“Sausage Tree Camp was Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sausage Tree Safari Camp to your Saves list
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
Cambridge 25, Kruger National Park 1380, South Africa   |
Special Offer
Discount / Free Day Tour!
Melbourne, Australia
“Sausage Tree Camp was Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Here we are home, safe and sound among the two legged creatures, ha ,I think sometimes we would have been safer in the wild. It has been only a day away from you and I miss you already, so you never know ,we might see you again or better still ,you might come our way.

I am no good with face book ,so I wanted to tell you what an AWESOME experience and time I had with you. Everything was perfect and your hospitality was the best of the best that I came across. I being a good cook . so they say, can voucher myself that we were looked after with great care and satisfaction. It all was amazing and so special, not only the taste of the lovely food , but it was done with so much passion and love.

Your Sausage Tree Camp was Amazing ,I felt Safe and content with everything you had to offer. I can say with all my heart that you both are amazing in organizing our trip to perfection and taking care off us all in our group and looking after our personal needs.

The safari was the best ever and you and your guides and trackers took us where we could have never gone and seen ,not only the big five of Africa, but the beautiful tiny unseen creatures that are there for our enjoyment. I have learned so much in such a short time. HMMMMM DO YOU THINK I WOULD MAKE A GOOD GUIDE ,or will the animals scatter and hide when they see me coming???? You never know, if I let down my long hair ,they might think I am a two legged Lioness the odd one out among their pack and I am sure they would chase me away or maybe eat me for dessert.

Love Agnes Agili Artist. xx

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hospitality provided by Sonia and James during our week could not have been better. Sonia and James made us feel so at home in such a far away place. The camp is extremely well run, the staff is excellent, and the facility is perfect. The food is unbelievably good. Orlando is an outstanding chef. The game drives were extremely well done. James as driver and Liam as spotter did a truly wonderful job. Our game drives could not have been better. We will always have fond memories of our great week.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My hubby and I spent several days at Sausage tree in mid October and the experience was truly world class! The tented accommodation lends an African Safari air to the stay but the accommodation is far from basic. Tents are on raised floors and contain a large, luxurious bathroom, great beds, lovely outside (but totally safe) shower and full electricity. James, as our driver for the game trips was faultless and funny, and had answers to every question that we asked him about not only the wildlife, but the flora and fauna. Food was decadent; cleanliness of the tents, flawless; the main lodge's décor was awesome! Thanks for an amazing experience, Sonja and James!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Halls Gap, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Put simply Sausage Tree Lodge is one of the best I have ever stayed at on my many trips to Africa. Hosts, guides, meals, accomodation....everything was first class and totally professional so you can completely relax and enjoy the experience. Balule Conservancy borders onto Kruger Park so is wonderfully populated with beautiful animals and the Sausage Tree trackers and drivers know tham all! I cannot recommend Sausage Tree too highly.Imagine Africa Tours runs Sausage Tree and can organise your entire stay for you. Richard, Amanda, Sonia, James, Liam and Themba....thanyou so much for a brilliant experience. I will be back.

Room Tip: All accomodations are equally good and nicely spaced for privacy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staying at Sausage Tree is like staying with friends, as the owners and staff are gracious hosts. The accommodations and food are excellent, and the game drives are unforgettable. A member of our family has food allergies, and the staff were very accommodating. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Safely back in Australia after 2 weeks in South Africa with "Imagine Africa Tours". Wonderful hosts and exciting safari drives, culminating in a week at the fabulous "Sausage Tree Safari Camp". What an experience......Sonia and James hosting us, along with all the staff, made us feel extremely welcome ....it was like being part of a big family. Nothing was too much effort for any of them and their hospitality was extended to us in a friendly and a very professional manner. The meals that Orlando our chef prepared were exceptional....breakfast, lunch, dinner and even nibbles for "sundowners" out in the bush was great. Liam and Themba were amazing on the game drives and were always keen for us to see as much as we could....and succeeded with all of the BIG 5 and plenty more! Our rooms were fabulous and each time we came back to our room after a drive, it was all prepared/cleaned exceptionally well and looked inviting, and at night the bedside lighting on gave that extra special ambience. The pool was a welcome place in the heat and the different eating areas were lovely, and what a bonus, being able to watch the animals come to the waterhole. We loved sharing time in this fabulous place. Janet

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bannockburn, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Have arrived home in Australia after spending the last six nights, of our fifteen day safari at Sausage Tree Safari Camp. Many thanks to James for great game drives and assistance around the camp: also thanks to Sonya who made our stay an exceptional experience. Orlando also be complimented for providing excellent cuisine for each and every meal.

Finally, a very special thanks to Liam and Themba who managed to show us the "Big 5" in a three hour game drive and topping it off with a sighting of a lioness and her six week old cubs on our final drive. A truly magical sighting. I am sure they can talk to the animals.

A small and intimate camp, Sausage Tree is the ideal camp for those wishing to become better acquainted with one's hosts. An all round Five Star experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sausage Tree Safari Camp? Share your experiences!