“a king would not not be threated better than we were at Naledi” 5 of 5 stars

Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
R40 | Balule Nature reserve, Kruger National Park 1380, South Africa   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“a king would not not be threated better than we were at Naledi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Whilst preparing my trip to South Africa, I was triggered by the fact that Naledi / Enkoveni has almost 600 "excellent" reviews and no poor or terrible ones. Reading the various reviews, we realized that this must be a very special place. Reason enough to try it out ourselves.
We booked a four night stay, two nights at Naledi and two nights at Enkoveni.
From the moment that we arrived till the moment we left,Kjell Bismeyer (the owner) made us feel as we were kings. Never had such a great experience...and I travelled a lot in my life.
What makes the difference is Kjell's Bismeyer's drive and commitment. We had two safari's a day (each almost 3,5 hour duration) with Kjel as a driver/ranger. I never someone with so much enthusiasm. We managed to see all the "Big 5" and much more. Extraordinary in every sense. Everything around the safaris is also minitiously planned. They do their utmost best so that you can have the perfect pictures and see all the African wild animals. Too much to mention here. It was clearly a once-in-a-lifetime experience in every way. Just one detail: we had every evening dinner at a different table in the camp...even the napkins were different every time. The whole team takes care of the details. Strongly recommended ! P.S. The place is kid friendly, our 4 year old son had the time of his life as well

Room Tip: you need to try both camps, best start with the naledi bushcamp and go down to the river camp afterw...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Naledi deserves 10 stars. The accommodations at Bushcamp are exceptional. Kjell and his staff attend to every detail--clean and comfy rooms, exceptional food, fires in the evening, warm, friendly and impeccable service. We had the benefit of having Piet and Sipho as our guide and tracker and I am so grateful to have spent a few days seeing the world through their eyes. My family and I learned so much. We saw all 5 of the Big 5 and spent blissful hours in the bush. We happened to be there for Valentine's Day and they made dinner extra special with chocolates and roses for all of us. En route to the reserve we also experienced car trouble that was quite unsettling and Kjell and his staff were on hand to help us every step of the way. Nothing but glowing praise for Naledi. Change all of your plans and book here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Capitola, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I agree with all positive comments about this place. We had a fantastic time here last December. The game drives, bush walk, meals, and overall service was just fantastic. My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at the camp. Leif and his staff went all out to make this celebration special for us. Thanks again and we hope to be back in the near future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would like to thank the team at Naledi for providing an unforgettable experience to my 3 clients from Sweden recently. A 3 night safari holiday that had potential to be a disaster turned out to be one to remember. Some serious rain fall and flooding in Kruger caused the roads to be very muddy and could have caused potential game drive issues, The team at Naledi worked tirelessly around the clock to make sure my guests still managed to get out and experience the wildlife on offer and they even saw a pride of Lion feeding. On meeting them on arrival in Cape Town my guests only had fantastic things to say about Naledi and were extremely happy with their time on safari. This just shows you how far good service and communication can go when times get tough. Thanks Naledi I really appreciate all the efforts from you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wendover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We enjoyed the most amazing holiday. Although we were only there for 2 nights, we saw 4 out of the big 5 including the elusive leopard, and lots more wildlife besides. We learnt so much about the animals, their behaviour, habitat etc. We stayed in Fishing Owl & then Bushbuck - both were lovely but Bushbuck was something special. Food & service were both great. Well done to Alicia & the team - we will never forget our stay at Naledi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

It is very hard to find any fault with Naledi. In fact, the only fault isn't their fault, but the illusive leopard who we sadly didn't see.
The setting is tranquil; complete with a family of giraffes walking up the river side when we arrived. The rooms spacious with high ceilings, river views, outside showers and big bubble baths (indulgently enjoyed with a glass of wine).
The service is friendly and very attentive without being overpowering. The food was also great, which I wasn't particularly expecting. Enjoyed with the company of our fellow guests.
The 'drives' were all an adventure, although I didn't expect to get so close, especially to the rhino that charged us much to our drivers humour. Apparently nothing to worry about?! Highlights included the early morning hippo spotting on our first morning and the family of elephants on our last drive. A lack of big cats was our only disappointed, but again not Naledi's fault.
So hundreds of photo's to sort through now to re-live the happy memories. If you're booked to visit, you're in for a treat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have spent four nights at Naledi Bushcamp. One thing I know for sure : One word isn't enough to describe my stay at Naledi Bushcamp. Outstanding, unforgettable, awesome, incredible... I was already here in 2009 - and even at this time I already thought that my stay couldn't have been better. But since then, they have improved one more time (in terms of the infrastructure)! Now the Lodge has a pool, which is very nice for those hot days in summer. The food was always very delicious and presented with love. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I felt very comfortable and looked after well! The ranchers and trackers made a great job. They tried very hard to find the big five for us - and we saw them several times! They even managed to find the wild dogs - which was a wonderful experience for all of us! The hideout offers a unique opportunity to spend a few hours (depending on your needs) in silence. I just loved it to be out there! I will come back for sure, and spend even more time at this outstanding place! Thank you to all the staff, that make it possible to spend a great and unforgettable time at a unique place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp? Share your experiences!