Naledi is found in the Balule Game Reserve, and is very conveniently located just northwest of Hoedspruit. There are two camps - the Bush Camp and Enkoveni Camp. The Bush Camp is small, with just 3-4 units. It's situated next to what appears to be a dry riverbed or waterhole.
The staff and amenities are amazing! The food is excellent, as is the surrounding bush country. There is a beautiful deck that overlooks the waterhole.
We stayed in the Paperbark unit. This seemed to be fairly new and very elegantly appointed and with total consistency with the "bushveld/safari" theme. Our friends stayed in Marula, which seems to be somewhat older, and does not have quite the charm of Paperbark or the other unit. For one thing, the roof is not thatched, as the other units are. To me, thatched roofs absolutley typify the bush and wildlife country.
Game drives with Kjell were amazing! For one thing, when an animal was sighted that required a closer look, we would literally go off the road and go "bundu bashing" to get much closer. As long as we sat still and didn't make any noise, it's amazing how close you can get to certain animals. We got very close to many animals, and 4 of the big 5, including a black rhino.
Enkoveni Camp, just a few kilometers away from Bush Camp, is nothing short of breathtaking. It's brand new, has all the charm of a great bush lodge, and is situated right on the banks of the famous Olifants River. Every unit faces the river. Large, beatiful decks afford great views! A totally relaxing environment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve