We had an all around great time at Naledi Bushcamp. We stayed in Leadwood House and loved it! To our surprise, the second room in Leadwood was not rented out during our stay. We were told that the two rooms are never rented out to two separate parties...so if you rent one room, the second one remains free and you've got the entire Leadwood House with its private deck and splash pool all to yourself. Definitely worth the little bit extra that Leadwood House costs compared to the other two houses at the Bushcamp. An interesting fact: There are no keys at Naledi. Everybody's rooms remain unlocked during your stay, though you do have a private safe. We felt completely comfortable with this arrangement and didn't worry about our valuables for a second. In fact, it was great not to have to worry about a room key! One gets to know the other guests quite well, as the meals are served together for everyone and one goes on the game drives together as well. There are never more then 8 guests at the Bushcamp at a time. The food was delicious, the service excellent, the game drives unforgettable. Kjell and his team really go above and beyond to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay and has the best possible experience. We stayed for three nights and I would highly recommend not planning on a shorter stay than that. This gave us a total of 6 game drives, plus some time to actually enjoy the lovely room and views and pools in the Bushcamp.
The only minor point of criticism I have is that we found quite a few drinks added to our tab that we never ordered (drinks are not included in the general rate). This was sorted out immediately and the staff apologized and that was that. So I would recommend double-checking the drink invoice at the end of your stay.
A small tip once you've booked your trip to Naledi: Should you decide to drive to Naledi yourself, don't trust your GPS to get you there, but follow the instructions sent by the Naledi staff. Our GPS went crazy at some point and would have sent us somewhere completely different. We heard that this has happened often and it would be a shame to arrive late and miss the game drive on your first evening!
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.