“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

There are not enough words to describe what an amazing, relaxing and educational trip this was. As Ruan mentions - most of the wonderful things about this place are already in other reviews. So instead - I thought I would let you in on a few bush facts to impress your driver and tracker:

1. Wildebeests are not in-fact that dangerous (even if Disney encourages you to think so)
2. A 'baboon spider trap' - is not a Baboon's spider trap, but a Baboon-spider's trap. DOH
3. The difference between a white and black rhino - is not the colour - but the shape of their nose. A white rhino is derived from the word 'weit' which means wide in German. So -look for a wide nose/mouth for a white rhino and vice versa.
4. Hippos are the most dangerous animal in the bush (not Wilderbeest :/)
5. When going on your drives - take in everything. It's not just about the big 5. There are small fives, ugly fives, weird fives, plant fives... create your own five
6. Elephant's dung can be used to help 3 things: 1. Headaches (burn it and sniff it) 2. Diarrhea (boil it and drink it) and 3. to get rid of mosquitos (burn it in a room for 20 min).
7. Impala poo does not taste too bad (make sure you go on a bush walk to learn why)
8. If a black rhino starts charging towards you - try not to panic

That should impress ;).

I am sure you will learn so, so much more when you go. I loved it so much, I am going to get all my friends and family to come out for my 30th birthday. Enjoy your trip. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Kihei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had such a wonderful private trip staying at Naledi. There are a lot of game lodges to choose from but this is a special place to visit. Attention to detail is superb. We loved our room with private jacuzzi. Hosting only 8 guests was a big plus for us no crowds personal service. Very good hosts.
Food is amazing and I have to eat gluten free they catered for my diet very well.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We just got back from our stay at Naledi and I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the whole team. It was truly incredible. Also, since we stayed at both camps I thought it might be helpful if I compared and contrasted them.

In the end, if we were ever lucky enough to return, I'd still want to stay at both camps because they're both wonderful and very different.

Our first night was spent in the Porcupine at Enkoveni. We arrived just after the game drive took off (customs took too long at the airport!) so we had time to settle in. Porcupine is in a building with two rooms--one upstairs and Porcupine below. The room has a full living room with bar/mini-fridge and sitting area, and then a big bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. The bahthroom had a soaking tub and a separate shower stall. Off the bedroom was a private porch with comfy chairs, offering a view of the river.

The room was modern and crisp and beautiful, lots of clean white lines. Not far from our room is the main communal areas--the open dining room/bar area, the pool overlooking the river, and the outdoor table. The trees that shaded the communal areas had lots of cute little monkeys living in them, which I really loved.

We spent that first evening just relaxing in chaise lounges on the pool deck, watching the sun set on the river. I wasn't sure how appealing the river would be or if it would attract extra mosquitos but it was awesome. It was not buggy anywhere in Enkoveni camp and the river views were stunning. In fact, they might be my favorite part of Enkoveni. Also, the animals like to drink from the river so a few mornings before we arrived there was an elephant in the river in front of one of the rooms!

Another great thing about Enkoveni is Rozanne and Sean. They're welcoming and the perfect hosts. We immediately clicked with them and felt like we were visiting old friends. Also the food was spectacular. I loved dining outside and everything we ate was amazing.

The next day after our game drive in the morning, we had to pack up and head over to Bush Camp. I was so sad to leave as we waved goodbye. Btw, before booking I couldn't picture how close the two camps are. They're a good 10-15 minute drive from one another so you will not see people from the other camp--except when you accidentally pass them on a game drive.

Anyway, when we pulled into Bush Camp, I got excited all over again. Bush Camp has elaborately landscaped grounds, giving it a very different look from Enkoveni, which is so crisp and modern--with the river as the star of the show. Bush Camp, as the name implies, is situated in the bush with nothing but savannah as far as the eye can see.

The staff showed us to our room--Paperbark--and we were thrilled. Paperbark is a stand-alone building with wrap-around porches. You open the door to the very large bedroom which modern-meets-African decor, a big change from Porcupine. There are large sliding glass doors off the bedroom to the private deck with sitting area. And there's an ensuite bathroom off the bedroom containing an indoor shower, a sink, a toilet, and, best of all, a large outdoor shower. It's really pretty warm at Naledi so we were able to use the outdoor shower every day and we loved it.

Right near Paperbark are the main communal spaces of the camp. Bush Camp has a two-floor building, and the second level is an open-air space with a table and comfy seating. We spent so many happy hours up there, looking for wildlife. Much like the river at Enkoveni, the tower at Bush Camp was the star of the show. It was the best place to read and drink a Savannah cider and relax.

The lower level had the bar, breakfast room, and it led out to the lavish pool areas and outdoor dinner table. Again the staff was wonderful and again the food was mind-blowing. Kjell was our host at this camp and we loved him too. He was full of interesting information about the animals and so fun to just hang out with.

On our last night at Naledi, it worked out that we were the only ones in camp. As a surprise to us, Kjell organized a romantic dinner by candlelight for just the two of us. It was so sweet.

We spent a lot of time debating which camp we preferred and in the end decided it was a draw and we wouldn't change spending some time at each. Thank you so much to the staff at Naledi! This was the best vacation we ever took.

Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an 8 night trip to S.A, and our 2 night stay at the Nadeli Bushcamp was our favorite part. Every aspect was awesome!
The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and went the extra mile to ensure everyone's wants/needs were meet.
The food was delicious!
The lodge was gorgeous and offered a fantastic view of the Oliphant River. (We saw hippos, monkeys and a crocodile.) It was just as I picture my dream home, if I lived in a game reserve.
Our room was just lovely. It was large and also offered the same fantastic view! (Side note - the room had a hair dryer.) My only wish was that the bed was a little softer- had a pillow-top mattress. But, I am a bit of a bed snob.
The game drives were far beyond what we expected. Shaun (our guide) was amazing! He has a wealth of knowledge. He worked hard to get us close to the animals and to make sure everyone saw as many of the animals, that they wanted to see. (I wanted to see elephants and he spent 3 hours tracking them - until he found them.)
All and all, I HIGHLY recommend Nadeli Bushcamp.
If money was of no concern - I would take my entire family and all my friends there for a week, so they too can share the experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Travelling as a group of 6 we stayed at the Naledi Enkoveni camp for 4 nights in early October (Impala Lilliy, Fishing Owl and Fishing Eagle), We could not have asked for a better stay, both in terms of the accommodation and the game viewing. Shaun and Rozanne were excellent hosts and made our stay unforgettable, the service is personal and outstanding. Every small detail was thought of and we were never left wanting for anything.

The rooms were large, clean and had outstanding views of the river. Every meal was prepared and presented with great care by the chefs. For lunch and dinner we would dine outside on the veranda which provided a real bushveld atmosphere.

The game viewing could not have been better, we saw all of the big 5 (Leopard, Black Rhino and Buffalo seen twice, Lion and Elephant once). Shaun and our tracker Dennis went out of their way to get us right up close to all the animals. I've been to the kruger for many years but had some of the best sighting on this trip. What I particularly enjoyed about the game drives were the bush stops where we had a chance to get out of the jeep and have a cup of tea and biscuits in the morning and a couple of sundowners in the evening. Be sure to also go on a bushwalk with Dennis, he is very knowledgeable and good fun!

I could write much more about the experience but I believe most of it is covered by previous reviews. There is no way anyone could be dissapointed by choosing to visit Naledi, we were extremely sad to leave and cannot wait to go back someday!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Before our trip to South Africa, we were very excited about our first Safari experience. That's why we want a luxury accommodation. That mission is totally accomplished; everything was perfect. The safari with Sidwell and his tracker, the food (Max is a great cook) but especially Ruzanna and Shaun. They run this place on a amazing way. They are so helpful and concerned, the only thing they want is that you have the most beautiful time. The rooms are so nice, we had a room of 70m2 with a huge bath and two showers. One inside and one outside. Everything was so clean and nice. Great, great, great!

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were lucky to have found Naledi, and luckier to be hosted by Kjell. My husband and i were at Naledi for my birthday weekend, and we will never forget the amazing time we had here. Kjell and his fantastic staff were the BEST hosts. From the early morning game drives (With hot water bottles and blankets ready for us), to the location for the sundowners, to the game drive itself - each experience was thought through,and executed to perfection. We LOVED the game drives , made more special by Kjell and Prem's hard work to get us up close and personal with the wild. Each evening, he would hunt for the perfect location for sundowners and entertain us with interesting stories of the African bush. Back at the lodge, TK would be waiting to take over for a warm and delicious (gourmet) dinner. The chef is 7 star , his food, plating and general sense of what we'd like is very much appreciated. The grand surprise was of course on my birthday - when we returned from an evening game drive to find the room decorated with beautiful candles, champagne, and a very special gift from the Naledi staff (the gift is now proudly displayed in my living room back home). If that wasn't all, they had set up a cozy diner for two at our porch. The lions were a few feet away on the other side of the fence, and serenaded us while we tucked into dinner. Thank you Kjell & team, we will never forget this beautiful experience, and very soon, we will return :) you set the bar!

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome