There are not enough words to describe what an amazing, relaxing and educational trip this was. As Ruan mentions - most of the wonderful things about this place are already in other reviews. So instead - I thought I would let you in on a few bush facts to impress your driver and tracker:
1. Wildebeests are not in-fact that dangerous (even if Disney encourages you to think so)
2. A 'baboon spider trap' - is not a Baboon's spider trap, but a Baboon-spider's trap. DOH
3. The difference between a white and black rhino - is not the colour - but the shape of their nose. A white rhino is derived from the word 'weit' which means wide in German. So -look for a wide nose/mouth for a white rhino and vice versa.
4. Hippos are the most dangerous animal in the bush (not Wilderbeest :/)
5. When going on your drives - take in everything. It's not just about the big 5. There are small fives, ugly fives, weird fives, plant fives... create your own five
6. Elephant's dung can be used to help 3 things: 1. Headaches (burn it and sniff it) 2. Diarrhea (boil it and drink it) and 3. to get rid of mosquitos (burn it in a room for 20 min).
7. Impala poo does not taste too bad (make sure you go on a bush walk to learn why)
8. If a black rhino starts charging towards you - try not to panic
That should impress ;).
I am sure you will learn so, so much more when you go. I loved it so much, I am going to get all my friends and family to come out for my 30th birthday. Enjoy your trip. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve