I had been to Africa 15 years before on a safari that included the luxurious Londolozi. I had beautiful memories of South Africa and Kruger National Park (especially the elephants who are my favorite). This time I needed to do things differently. We had my step daughter, her husband and 17 month old daughter along. We wanted great food, great service and oh-by-the-way-here's-our-toddler. Many places do not even allow young children in bush camps. I did my homework and found our wonderful friends at Naledi. They didn't skip a beat when they saw our little granddaughter. The welcome couldn't have been warmer. Kjell told us, "They usually just fall asleep on the game drives." Brave man. But he was absolutely right. She did. One night we had an incredible drive where we were surrounded by 9 lions on the move. For that, the baby woke up and said "Gato, Gato, Gato..." This will be the memory of a lifetime. Her mother & I felt safe enough to bring the baby with the incredible experience of Kjell and Craig at the wheel or on foot. Game drives were well done. Kjell is a compendium of information on all things animal, ornithological and mineral. A fantastic outdoorsman. His big bear brother-in-law Craig is a wonderful outdoorsman as well. Excellent barman (they serve some tasty SA wines here too!). And he too was amazing with the baby. She took quite a shine to him. Grandpa was jealous. One can not say enough superlatives about the food. I have dined all over the world and the cuisine at Naledi stands up to any for tasty, healthy and fresh. Sam their chef fixed the baby her own small plate every night; A talented man with a beautiful smile--he came out to announce the menu each night. The rooms were tastefully appointed and made up while you are on your morning game drive. It's so nice to return to a made up room! Last but certainly not least, we admired some lamps and Kjell helped us obtain them from the vendor when we went through Jo'berg on our way home. You have a lot of choices of bush camps. This place truly was tops in all categories. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve