I stayed at Naledi with a colleague when we had a free weekend between two weeks of meetings in the Johannesburg area. We chose this bushcamp because it had great reviews on TripAdvisor. I am writing my first TripAdvisor review today because I had a wonderful time during my two-night stay tat Naledi that exceeded my expectations:
The number one aspect of Naledi: the great staff. Kjell and Kim make you feel right at home - and the smaller size of the camp (I think it accomodates 8 at a time?) is conducive to intimate conversations around the dinner table at night. Kjell's passion for safari and wildlife is infectious. His guiding is very informative, and he is a great driver (the vehicle is also quite comfortable). His tracker, Sidwell, is also very skilled - he knows the reserve terrain like the back of his hand and a few times traced tracks to actual game sightings. They emphasized that safari sightings are largely dependant on luck, but I think our success in viewing so much game also had to do with what a great team they make!
The charming "coffee break" and "time for sundowners" portions of the safari drives - very fun!
Consistently delicious food.
Quiet evenings where you could hear all the stirrings of wildlife (including lions roaring!).
Luxurious showers (make sure to bring your own shampoo and conditioner).
Great internet access.
Nice pool area - perfect for relaxing in the late morning/early afternoon between rides.
If I ever get an opportunity to do safari again, I will certainly be coming back to Naledi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve