“Tremisana Game Lodge made my dreams come true!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tremisana Game Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balule Private Game Reserve
Tremisana Game Lodge
You added Tremisana Game Lodge to your Saves list
Kruger National Park, South Africa   |
Tampa, Florida
“Tremisana Game Lodge made my dreams come true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was my friend and I's first trip to Africa and the Tremisana Game Lodge made my experience a one to remember. I had an incredible time seeing all the animals South Africa has to offer. The staff were amazing, professional, and fun! From educating us everything in the wildlife to cooking spectacular meals in a clean and safe resort I will definitely go back and visit them again. I highly recommend you, your family, friends, and everyone else to go out with VIVA SAFARIS here at Tremisana Game Lodge.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I would recommend viva safaris to anyone who asks. Thanks to our guide, Bongani, we got to see & photograph the Big 5. I think we may have been 1 or 2 short for the Little 5.
Anyone that says the guides don't look for animals is making it up. Bongani and the other guides were constantly looking for animals, In fact, in the middle of the darkness, he spotted a Leopard in a tree. It was one of the hilights of the trip.
Another hilight was the bush walk. This is the only time you'll get to leave the truck and walk around. During the walk we could here a lion that was no more than a couple hundred meters away. Kinda scary but very cool. I heard another group actually had a pride of lions walk around them at less than 50 meters. The entire experiance was amazing. The visit to Cheetah Inn was a treat. You can't get tired of petting a Cheetah.
The facilites were clean and accomodating. The food was good traditional South African food. Nothing beats a traditional Braai to welcome the guests. If you are looking for a great value and a fun adventure. This is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed at the Tremisana Game Lodge last year November, and I have to say it was one of the best holiday experiences ever. I’ve traveled a lot already in my young life, and as a solo traveler I am very sensitive about a pleasant atmosphere. Never did I have a warm welcome as I had at Tremisana. Pearl, the hostess, welcomed me with a big smile. She definitely goes all out for her guests. I felt at home immediately! That’s why I absolutely disagree with the bad review mentioned earlier!

The lodge offers exactly what they mention and show on their web site, and then some. The rooms are spotless, comfortable and have everything you need for a relaxed holiday. It’s a wonderful experience to fall asleep with the sound of the bush on the background! That’s true Africa..

The game drives are more than I expected..The guides are very knowledgeable, friendly and they try their best to give you that ultimate wildlife experience. Well, I got that experience proper! I saw 4 of the BIG 5 on the first day. Definitely one of the advantages of a free-roaming space for all the animal between Tremisana and Kruger. No fences between Kruger and Tremisana ground means you can encounter wildlife whenever, wherever. Very exciting. And those monkeys; little rascals! I could just sit outside and observe them for hours..

In response to the scarce bad reviews below; Some people’s opinion about an excellent holiday is paying the minimum, having more material luxury than they can look at, eat way more than they can digest and think they have to be treated like the queen of England.

To my opinion that isn’t what makes a accommodation and holiday great. It’s about the a pleasant holiday vibe, a relaxed atmosphere, the friendly staff..but most important; it’s about the beautiful environment you are in. And trust me, Tremisana has it all! It’s a place that you will remember for a long time, it’s a place you want to return to. I know I will.

As a final note I'd like to thank all of the staff for making me feel at home, for serving me delicious food, for showing me a lot of animals, for the clean room and crips sheets, and especially for creating a perfect wildlife experience!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was very surprised to read a recent review from Leiden, the Netherlands and sorry to hear of your bad experience at Tremisana Game Lodge.

However I can find no justification in your comments. I found the rooms at Tremisanna bright, clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and average size one would expect. The shower and bathroom facilities were modern and kept very clean.

Your comment of most visitors experiencing lack of sleep due to the monkeys on the roof puzzles me why you chose Africa for a vacation. My whole experience at Tremisana will remain with me for the rest of my life, it went beyond all expectations and provided exactly what I wanted, a comfortable room in the heart of Africa, excellent food, true and authentic African experience, a warm and friendly welcome from the hostess who also went that extra mile to ensure your stay met all your requirements.

I also found the Rangers very experienced and knowledgable and would never under any circumstances put themselves or their clients life at risk by driving irresponsibly. The drive to Kruger from Tremisanna is more or less a straight road and once inside the park there are speed restrictions in place. It would not be in the Ranger's interest to drive fast along these roads for one they would be breaking the speed restrictions which could adversely affect their jobs and two, clients would not have the opportunity to spot wildlife.

I feel I had to write this response as the review posted appeared unjustified. I am sure I speak for the majority of people who has posted reviews in the past will be surprised by your experience.

Finally I would like to suggest that if your looking to book a safari in the future, perhaps a 5 star lodge would be more acceptable to you. However as the wildlife disturbed your sleep you may prefer to go on a day trip to a local drive through safari park where you live.

Tremisana offers excellent hospitality, comfortable clean rooms, friendly and warm atmosphere a great hostess and all at an affordable price.

As a note of encouragement for the staff at Tremisana and Viva Safaris, one or two bad reviews is not the end of the world, if comments are justified it allows for you to examine any problems and take steps to rectify them.

You all work very hard to ensure your client's comforts and needs are met and many people on tripadvisor agrees with me.

I look forward to my return visit later in the year and for many years to come.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Leiden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Rooms are not functional. Beds are too small for average size people. Poor bathroom and shower facilities. Most visitors lack sleep due to monkeys walking on thin roof.
Dangerous drive from Game resort to Krueger park. Fast driving with open game resort cars. Hostess was not visible when we arrived nor when we left.
She was clearly in the wrong job.!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed in this lodge for 4 days, gamedrives twice a day. Guests staying there at the same time came from all over the world. We really enjoyed our stay, had an excellent guide during gamedrives and walk. We watched lots of big animals, we also came close to the animals. Tremisana lodge is situated in a very nice area of the balulepark, close to the main gate. Our room was lovely but basic, dinner was not always for the big-eaters, but was homemade and tasty.
The hostess seemed not in a good mental shape and we felt there were problems, but that didnt affect our pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Booked 5 day tour at Tremisana plus one extra day to do a trip to the Hoedspruit Endangered Species reserve. Viva organised this extra trip specially for us with no problems but was disappointed and can see why they dropped this from their usual itinerary. Moholoholo Game Reserve is much better. Had 2 day trips to Kruger, saw 4 of the Big 5 on the first day. The game drive in Tshukudu Game Reserve was absolutely fabulous and we were able to actually pat a Cheetah during morning tea there. It is fairly tame and just wandered up from the game reserve and laid on the patio. We were tracking a lion which we found after dark and to hear a fully grown African Lion roaring just 5 metres from us was an experience never to be forgotten. The guided walks were very informative and made us really feel like we were part of the African land and gave us a lot more respect for these magnificent animals. Dont come just wantng to see the Big 5. There are so many other rare and beautiful animals and birds.

Accommodation at Tremisana was comfortable, clean and lounging around the lapa looking at the animals coming to the waterhole was very relaxing inbetween trips. The gardens were lovely and well maintained. Pearl made us feel very welcome and Mark(one of the guides) and Polly joined us most evenings for dinner and the stories they had about the animals and their experiences were enthralling and he was very knowledgeable and gave us a great insight into the animals in the area.

Meals at Tremisana were plentiful and very enjoyable but watch out for the monkeys sometimes and you can never leave your windows open if you dont want an unexpected visitor in your room. Days start early but who can stay asleep when you hear lions roaring at 6 am.

One warning though - make sure you take plenty of cash with you as Visa is not accepted at the Lodge and you will need to pay cash for most things ie drinks, tips etc. Also there are no ATMs or shops nearby if you need to get more cash or extra nibbles (ie fruit, packs of chips, biscuits etc). Also on the day we went to Kruger their shop was offline and no credit cards could be used there either so cash is essential.

Really glad we opted for the longer safari as the extra time spent around Tremisana and the other Parks were well worth it and certainly rounded out our African Experience. Dont forget your binoculars and camera.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Tremisana Game Lodge? Share your experiences!