We stayed at Honeyguide with my wife during our honeymoon to South Africa. We first considered staying at a more "modern" type of safari camp with AC bungalows etc. However, due to good reviews from our friends, we decided to stay in more natural Honeyguide and it was definitely a right decision.
The service was excelent, we had a one day delay in our flights and the management of Honeyguide could arrange us new schedule for the stay, which saved our whole safari. Staff was most attentive and really put an effort to making us feel at home; we e.g. had all kinds of honeymoon specials (champagne et.) delivered to our tent. Food was excellent and we really enjoyed good wines from their cellar. Sundowners during safari rides we great as well, a nice way to take a break during long rides.
We were fortunate to see the big five and many other animals. Like the reviewer from Geneva stated correctly, it is not a zoo and should not be considered one, so it is up to the animals themselves if you spot them or not. It was a dry season, so we did not get to see all the possible big mammals e.g. hippos, but overall the density of animals was good.
The tents were really a great way to spend a night in. It had a great feeling of being in the wild, insted of just staying in an airconditioned villa. They were way beyond basic having great beds and linen and furniture inside. Bathroom was open-air, which was a nice detail and made the accomodation feel even more original.
I would most definately recommend Honeyguide if you are looking for more authentic and original option for your safari.
- Also Known As:
- Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps Hotel
- Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps Hotel Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps South Africa/Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Tented Safari Camp in the Manyeleti Reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park. Stay either at Mantobeni the more classic camp with its Nehru tents on wooden decks set in a forested water course or the contemporary designed Khoka Moya camp with its larger tents and which welcomes children of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.