We spent 4 days at Tintswalo from 1-4 April this year and had the most amazing time. It is a magical place - the lodge is spectacular, the rooms luxurious and the food fantastic. The staff were excellent, nothing was a bother, anything we wanted they would see to. We were travelling in a large group which included 10 children aged from 9-15 and they were made feel right at home and treated wonderfully. The guides were brilliant, Eric, Foster, Patrick and Obert made sure we saw everything, and I mean everything, including a leopard with a kill and lions, lioness and cubs! They also had lots of fun with us and the kids, and even took the kids out one afternoon on foot to explore the bush (gun in hand thank goodness). The beauty of Mangaleti is that is is very quiet, much quieter than Kruger and Sabi Sands (which you get the benefit of because it borders both so the animals roam between all three), and we only ever saw 2 other jeeps the entire time we were out, and one of them was the other families we were travelling with. We spent 2.5 hours watching the leopard with his kill on one day and another day 2.5 hours following a mating lion and lioness - there were no other jeeps to move us along and we could spend as much time as we wanted out. I highly recommend Tintswalo, I can't believe there is a better place to stay or to see the wild life of Africa.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Hotel
- Tintswalo Hotel Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Tintswalo Kruger National Park
- Tintswalo Safari Lodge South Africa/Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private safari lodge within the pristine Manyeleti reserve adjoining the Fenceless boundary of the Kruger National Park. Private plunge pools, big 5 game, amazing cuisine. Manor house can take children with a fantastic children's program. ... more less