My 2nd visit, since my engagement to my wife... this time with the in-parents in tow... It was simply incredible. I thought my first visit could not be repeated, but the staff and this brilliant reserve managed to deliver so much more. I've been to many reserves in Africa, but this has to be the best. Its an amazing reserve, with great camps and people working for them. I love the intimate family-run style nature of Londolozi, and its a privledge to have shared it on 2 occasions.
The wildlife and game-viewing is spectacular... 11 different leopards in 6 days (2 of them mating) , 2 prides of lion, male hippo battle, giraffe and elephant carcasses being fed on by lions and hyenas...And all the time you have the knowledge and amazing ability of some of the best game-rangers and trackers i've seen. (Graham "Stompi" and Rich were our ranger and tracker)
The rooms are fantastic, and when you're sitting in your plunge pool at night, listening to the lions roar... you'll never want to leave.
To the Vartys, all the staff at Londo, and in particluar, Kate, Graham, Doyle and co.. thx for a great experience
- Also Known As:
- Londolozi Varty Camp Hotel
- Londolozi Varty Camp Hotel Londolozi Private Game Reserve
- Londolozi Varty Camp South Africa/Londolozi Private Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varty Camp is the home of an African safari holiday. All rooms have private swimming pools framed by timber decks that overlook the riverine bush. The living spaces are raised off the ground and shaded under a cathedral of trees. The camp has a pleasingly down-to-earth quality and the emphasis on family heritage means that children always have a place at Varty Camp.Varty Camp is also home to the original Sparta Hunting Camp, our boutique, the Cardio Vascular Room, Massage Treatment Room and our Library. Guests from all Camps are invited to make use of these facilities. ... more less