“Better Than I Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
San Antonio, Texas
“Better Than I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had stayed here when it was a Holiday Inn Express and enjoyed our stay. After I booked the room, the name changed and the reviews made me wonder if I had made a mistake. We did, however, have an enjoyable stay and are fears were unfounded. The service was good, the room was nice and the breakfast was good. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bronte, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are platinum Holiday Inn Members. We have stayed there several times over the years and each time it got a little more run down!! I said the last time we stayed there NEVER AGAIN!! The rooms are okay but the staff is TERRIBLE !! Rude not helpful at all !! In fact they don't even look up when you come in the door!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rented 2 rooms for a weekend stay (4 adults 3 kids). It is located at the entrance of town. We find this convenient to avoid traffic jamms when the snow gets ugly and as we exit to go back home. The staff is friendly And the rooms are basic but clean. Two inconveniences were the slow Internet connection ( it is offered free) and one of the beds was extremely uncomfortable( hard , lumpy and springy) The others were ok. The complementary continental breakfast included staples such as pre mAde waffles, toast, beagles, mini muffins, cinnamon rolls, cereal assortment, OJ, milk apple juice and coffee. They also had oatmeal packets, saussage links and bananas. It is a good value for the price.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We (2 kids & 2 adults) stayed at this place for 2 nights and had a great experience. I'd made numerous phone calls to make changes & not only was the staff patient, they were super friendly. We had a reservation mixup that would have cost us twice for the correct night. After speaking to the manager & explaining the situation, the manager was very nice to reduce the price for the night we needed to check in. We had no trouble checking in and the staff during our stay from the receptionist to the cleaning staff were great. The room was clean & although we asked that it not be cleaned during our stay, the cleaning lady was very gracious & helpful. Can't say enough good things.... ;)

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Don't waste your money, hotel is below average at best. Girl at front desk was rude and acted completely put out when I asked her for a crib. The facility needs a major face lift. The tub jets were broken, the room was dingy and falling apart. We got a suite hoping it would be a little nicer, not the case. The only positive thing was a quiet room. Overall I'm not I'm not impressed and will never be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I wanted to see snow, gamble and ski for the holidays, not knowing the area, I selected the holiday inn exp and used my priority club rewards... 20k points per night is a bit steep. Located within 2 miles to stores, midtown and casinos in any direction. It looks and feels new. Free breakfast on the weekdays ends at 930 and has a good selection, plus cookies in the evening. It would be nice if they would leave some food out until 11am for those who sleep late from a long travel. if I owned a 4 wheel drive suv, I would go to a cabin next time for a more romantic setting. But no complains about my stay, espepcially free! Next stop is the holiday inn, riverwalk in san antonio... 25k points per night.

• Stayed December 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room is fair, needs updating. For the price we paid, I expected a little more but our carpet in the room had a large bleach stain near the sink.
While checking, the staff was plain out rude and unfriendly. Not once did the reception area say Thank you, welcome or ask if we had any problems while we checked out. A lady receptionist did remind me to take a tray up to the room if we were going to get breakfast to go, Gee- You think? I am not that dumb and obviously, if I wanted to take breakfast to my room for two, I probably would need a tray.
I am a priority rewards member, and next time I am in town, I will be staying somewhere else. I don't enjoy paying a high price to be treated rudely and an "okay room."

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ruidoso Mountain Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Gina B,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced with the hotel staff. . I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Ruidoso Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!