“Good night's rest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good night's rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

Had a nice stay. Room was clean. Breakfast was really good, just not a lot of food for as many people that were eating. only one set of outlets worked and that had all of the appliances connected. Was happy to see a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room although we had no use for it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

My experience with Super 8 hotel in Ruidoso has always been great.Staff is wonderful,friendly and very accommodating.The rooms are very clean and spacious.I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.Rob

Room Tip: Room 121 is very relaxing and quieter
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Thanks a bunch Robert for remembering to post the review. Most of the time people share their bad experience immediately but gets lazy to post good experience with hotels. It is a human nature. Thanks for recommending this hotel online. Looking forward to see you in future. Thank you.
Cypress, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

If you care about your health, your sanity, your money, avoid this, this, this...sorry I can not call it hotel....avoid it like plague ! I totally agree with the other reviews before me ; simply horrible, terrifying.There is absolutely nothing, but NOTHING good about this establishment. Rude owners, miserable rooms and hallways, disgusting breakfast area , poor location. And Neal ( or something like this ) the owner, by far the worst person I met in my 43 years of life judged by the way they treated me and my family including 5 and 7 year old kids.

Room Tip: A tent outside on grass would feel like Ritz Hotel compare with the filthy rooms in this hotel !!!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. If you can emphasize more on the horrible room, we can ensure to fix the things. Let me also apologize for the rude behavior of Niel. He can not be rude to any of our guest. We would also like to bring this point to you that we are remodeling the whole place from last one year little by little. I do not know if you have stayed here in past. But if you had, you must have observed the difference. Hope to serve you better in future.
Big Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

1st off, this is not in any way ADA compliant. There are no floors at all available without having to go down stairs. No ramps at all. The rooms are far from clean. I ended up having some sort of bug bites on my feet from the animals they allow. The walls are paper thin & you could hear everything going on. There are no elevators and we were on the 3rd floor. The key cards don't work well & you end up having to go up and down 3 floors to get a new card and open the door again. As for breakfast, it's maybe a 7x7 area. The owner had the fruit juice out on the counter the entire time we were waiting for our turn to make waffles. When it came our time, the owner poured it into the waffle iron instead of letting us do so & poured it extremely thin. We had already planned on sharing the waffle since there was such a line and pretty much no seating, and ended up sharing the equivalent of a small pancake because of the cheapness of the hotel manager. I wanted hot tea, and the water was lukewarm at the best. The non-smoking rooms wreaked of smoke. I would NOT recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to find a good room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us. We are not ADA complaint and that is the reason the Jacuzzi and Sauna is closed. We just have one handicap accessible room as per the franchise requirement and is complaint. All rooms has insulation thicker than the required. With regards to breakfast, I agree with you the inconvenience caused to all our guest when the property is running full. That is the reason we allow our guest to take the breakfast in the room. To be complaint, we only need 9 seating capacity in our breakfast area and we have 15 seats. I understand that there is only one waffle maker and it's a line to get their turn. I am extremely sorry for your horrible experience with us. Hope to serve you better in future. Thank you once again for choosing Super 8 Ruidoso.
Silver City, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Not good. Attendants were very rude. I would ask for breakfast and they said no jokingly. Jokingly rude sus up there service. Made a big deal out of everything. No smiles. Wouldn't let me prop open doors to carry in luggage. Bad experience. Will not return ever!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Thank you for choosing our hotel in Ruidoso for your stay. I am extremely sorry for not liking the joke, service and the staff. We have been receiving good feedback about the front desk staff and most of the time they ask if the guest need any help with the luggage. I will personally look into this issue. Thanks for brining this to our attention and posting the review. Hope to serve you need future.
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015 via mobile

Do not stay here the owner was rude and did not want to apologize when he gave me problems at check in. He also put us in a smoking room when we specifically asked for a non smoking room. This hotel is awful stay anywhere else in Ruidoso. The Owner does not deserve a dime of your money after the way I was treated!

• Stayed January 2015
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Thanks for your feedback about the property and the owner. Please let is know what we can do to make you happy. If I can do something, please call me on 575-378-8180. I will ensure you that it will not repeat in future. Trust you will give us on more chance to server you in future.

Been to Super 8 Ruidoso? Share your experiences!