“NO NO NO!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Big Spring, Texas
“NO NO NO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

1st off, this is not in any way ADA compliant. There are no floors at all available without having to go down stairs. No ramps at all. The rooms are far from clean. I ended up having some sort of bug bites on my feet from the animals they allow. The walls are paper thin & you could hear everything going on. There are no elevators and we were on the 3rd floor. The key cards don't work well & you end up having to go up and down 3 floors to get a new card and open the door again. As for breakfast, it's maybe a 7x7 area. The owner had the fruit juice out on the counter the entire time we were waiting for our turn to make waffles. When it came our time, the owner poured it into the waffle iron instead of letting us do so & poured it extremely thin. We had already planned on sharing the waffle since there was such a line and pretty much no seating, and ended up sharing the equivalent of a small pancake because of the cheapness of the hotel manager. I wanted hot tea, and the water was lukewarm at the best. The non-smoking rooms wreaked of smoke. I would NOT recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel to find a good room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Silver City, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Not good. Attendants were very rude. I would ask for breakfast and they said no jokingly. Jokingly rude sus up there service. Made a big deal out of everything. No smiles. Wouldn't let me prop open doors to carry in luggage. Bad experience. Will not return ever!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Do not stay here the owner was rude and did not want to apologize when he gave me problems at check in. He also put us in a smoking room when we specifically asked for a non smoking room. This hotel is awful stay anywhere else in Ruidoso. The Owner does not deserve a dime of your money after the way I was treated!

• Stayed January 2015
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Don't keep high expectation as this is not a five star hotel. It is nice hotel for the price you pay as compare to other economical hotels in area. It is an old facility,however the rooms are specious and linen are clean. Our friends accidently booked a smoking room. But the front desk girl immediately came to their room to put the humidifier to absorb the smoke with a smile. Breakfast wasn't fancy but niec. The new year week because of rush there was a big line for waffels. Peopple were making 4-5 waffels so had to wait . Hotel stairs were dirty because of the snow outside the property. I know its difficult to clean it every now and then. We all slept like a baby for 2 nights as the beds were so comfy and nicely made with 4 pillows each bed. our stay was comfortable and we will come and stay here with family and friends.

Room Tip: Pick room on top floor to enjoy snow view
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To start off positive, the people working the front desk were very friendly, and this review is definitely not about them..

However, I will not stay here again. My girlfriend and I came down to Ruidoso for a ski trip and chose Super 8 based on price as well as previous Super 8 experience (in other locations.)

While not fancy and definitely not worth the $129 price, we thought we had done ok. BUT...The stairs badly needed to be mopped, and the hallways appeared to have not been vaccumed in days. Then we got into our room...

When I went in the bathroom, I discovered the toilet seat and lid were up and no towels were put in the room. Water was left in the sink basin. It was as if someone had briefly used the room before us and left. Ew! The bathroom was badly in need of new paint and plugs. The shower head was calcified. The shower mats were dingy gray-ish as though they were very old and/or had never been bleached.

We requested towels and someone delivered them promptly.

The dresser and small "dining table" had drink rings from the previous user and had obviously not been wiped down.

THEN...

We requested an additional pillow but were informed by the (again, friendly) front desk person that there are no extra pillows in the hotel

The king bed was decent and appeared to have clean sheets. All was fine until we pulled up the blanket to go to sleep and were overwhelmed by a strong urine smell coming from the blanket. We did our best to ignore it but it was REALLY unpleasant.

I didn't dare try the continental breakfast or coffee due to the sanitation issues found in the room.

I understand they may have been busy due to the holidays, but these issues were simply inexcuseable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived and they informed me that I had requested a smoking room for 2 kids and 2 adults, when in fact I had a written confirmation in my hand that said I had requested a NON-smoking room for FOUR adults and NO children. They charged me more money and gave me a smoking room since that's all that was available. They offered an ozonizer to get rid of the smell and then quickly took it back because another room needed it. The next day we went out and came back and our room had not been cleaned, nor had our towels been replaced with new ones. We called down to the front desk and asked if we could have new towels. They said they were out of towels but they would wash ours and get them back to us in 30 minutes. We gave them our towels and waited and hour for them to come back. We went down to the front desk to ask about them, and they said they had GIVEN OUR TOWELS AWAY to rooms that had asked for extra towels. This meant we had NO TOWELS AT ALL! They said that we could have towels by 7 am. I went down to the front desk at 7 am and they said it would be 10 more minutes. We eventually got our towels, but we smelled like smoke the whole time. I will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Ruidoso? Share your experiences!