“Place for Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Ruidoso
Dallas, Texas
“Place for Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ruidoso is my place to spend vacation. It seems its getting expensive day by day. I found this Super 8 changed with new decor and with old rates pick for my next stay. I saved some money and found clean and comfortable room. Property looks little old form outside however rooms and new decor with new TV.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Excellent service and very clean rooms. Incredibly spacious for the rates within that area. Rarely see 2 King beds with a futon in one major bedroom and having an additional living area with a couch and loveseat. A work desk, a small dining table, small frig, microwave and cable TVs in both rooms were available as well as free wireless internet for all my kids' devices. Two independent A/C units (one in each room) made the temperature very comfortable during the night. Staff was very courteous and always sought my satisfaction with timely responses to questions about the surrounding area and providing any extra items like toiletries and towels for my family of 5. Thanks to Super 8 - we will definitely consider visiting Ruidoso again in the future. - Casey Family :-)

Room Tip: Note the amenities you prefer because smaller hotels do not provide continental-style breakfast, poo...
Pooja K, Manager at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so much Patrick for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. This is the room we recently upgraded and we are delighted to hear that you liked it. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are thrilled to have accomplished such task. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with Super 8. Hope to see you and your brother soon.
Raymondville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

During Horse Racing season, the prices in Ruidoso get real high. Keep that in mind. We were in a search of good and clean hotel for our stay.The hotel was clean with adequate amenities and quite . A flat screen LED TV, a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are nice. You don't go to Ruidoso to hang around the hotel, thus nothing really special about the rooms. However, beds were most comfortable with brand new coverlets with latest modern design. The newly renovated beds are adding value. The front desk staff was amazing and felt like home away from home. Requested for extra shampoo and unlike other person she brought it immediately to the room. I remember once I was staying in one of the other hotel the clerk ask me to come to front desk to get it. Will certainly recommend this to the people coming in for the race.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing the valuable comments about the staff and about the property. We will continue to strive in providing outstanding quality service. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Before starting to write this review, I had a look at the first three or four. I had to shake my head at how different guests at the same motel can have such widely divergent experiences. Why I wondered? I read the negative reviews on Tripadvisor and called the reservations line directly instead of booking it completely online. I itemized what I expected: no mold, no smokey odor. When I checked in, the front desk person confirmed everything I asked for and I got exactly what I wanted. The room looked neat, clean and-- as the desk clerk had mentioned-- had been recently renovated. The bed linens were clean, the six pillows comfortable.The latter was average for an economy motel, which is to say mediocre. But to her credit, the employee there was nice enough to let me in even though I had shown up hour early and she wasn't finished her setting up. Bottom line, I found it a very good value for what I was seeking and the little extra touches of service earned that extra value.

.Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Super 8 Ruidoso. We are pleased to hear about the amazing staff. We will certainly share these comments with them to boost up their performance. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Super 8
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was very pleased with out entire stay with Super 8 Ruidoso. The Hotel was recently remodeled. One of the nicest and unique concept of headboard. The free breakfast with hot waffles cinnamon rolls and yogurt and more makes perfect starts for day. Overall I can say it was extremely good hotel for the Price and I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to anyone visiting to Ruidoso.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Super 8 Ruidoso NM. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are delighted you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Ruidoso. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Super 8.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

When we walked in for our stay the floor had sticky carpet. It was hot are air conditioner worked for 5 minute's each time then stopped blowing air. Are blow dryer did not work called n asked for one. Are microwave would work for 2 minutes then tripped the outlets to not work then had1 out let worked. The beds are really hard pillows had a stench.. Had restless 2 nights... so decided to stay my next three days somewhere else... As a manager at a store I never want to do this but hopefully it opens eyes good prices but u get what u pay for

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your time to review our property. Let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at super 8. You bring up the blow dryer and microwave issue at the front desk. The lady gave you the new blow dryer. However tripping issue was due to full house load. If you can call on 575-378-8180 and I can offer you free night. Extremely sorry for the mishap and we will strive hard to provide best experience to our guest in future. Looking forward to receive a call from you.

Been to Super 8 Ruidoso? Share your experiences!