This property is worn and tired. It needs repainting outside and in, carpets worn bare in spots.
The lighting in the room was extremely dim. It was hard to tell if the room was clean or not. Bedspread ripped on one bed. Towels very thin.
The telephone in the room was broken, with a paper sign on it that they were waiting for a part for the phone system. Most people use their cell phones now, but you couldn't call the front desk. There is free wi-fi here, but only in the lobby. There are plenty of other spots to stay at in beautiful Ruidoso.
I would say the Swiss Chalet Inn could use a complete renovation, but due to its funky, outdated design, it might be a tear down. The location it's in is beautiful. It could use a nice building on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking to take a vacation where you can enjoy yourself in the great outdoors? Or are you seeking a great hotel for business travel? In either case, you need to check out the Swiss Chalet Inn in Ruidoso, NM.Whether you’re looking to escape into the wilderness or conduct essential business, the Swiss Chalet Inn offers the best of both worlds. Their comfortable, spacious rooms will provide plenty of space for work, play, and of course, rest. The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays, so you’ll have plenty of energy before you hit the trails during a weekend getaway. And the stunning views of the Sierra Blanca Peak will sooth your soul whether you’re looking to conquer it or just admire it from afar. Once you come to stay, you may never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Swiss Chalet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Chalet Inn Ruidoso Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Ruidoso